Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mid morning sesh

Went for a sesh down a spot that almost always produces today, its right in the heart of merimbula and is overlooked by most fishos leaving it to explore the bigger systems with there boats to catch less fish hahahaha. One of my mates who's not much of a fisho had recently pulled a 51cm EP out of here so hopes were high. I was not fishing EP ground but was still expecting maybe something, but it was not to be.

After tying on my brand new stiffy fat one it was time to get started. after many casts with a few hits and no hookups i thought this isnt my day. I swapped to my new sx40 after losing my first to a thumper of a bass on its maiden voyage. After still no results besides nips and swipes at the lure i swapped back to the fat one and was high sticking over a shallow weed bed. My lure then got inhaled by a flatty of about 40cm in very shallow water and it resulted in some very interesting tail walking (thats why there my favourite flats fish) I landed him, got a happy snap and sent him off. after a very long time of nothing and climbing up an overhanging tea tree to get my lure back and almost falling in i moved on.

Back at the rock wall where i started my trek i had to go and get my thongs hidden under a tree. On the way up no action was had and i decided to change my retrieve a bit for the way back. After speeding it up kind of copying the ABT lads on tele but with my own style i was instantly rewarded with a little bream to cristen my sx40 (never thought itd go that well anyways hahaha). It happened to be my last cast because i had to go. Its always that way dam it.

It was a pretty average day all up. I think it was because it was open to the ocean, the water was really clear and cold until you got up further where it turned its usual warm dirty brown. Im blaming that for me not catching any fish hahahaha. I stuck in a few fish from last weekends canoe trip that i couldnt be bothered writing up.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    on the long ass broke road to the fish

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work on the mixed bag, especially like the Flathead photo.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

some nice fish , the last pic is a beaut