Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

The video looks awesome. I started recording about 2 seconds after hook up so you get a bit of a screaming drag and a big boil about 50m away. Then I joke about getting spooled, then I realise I'm actually going to get spooled and start running.

Quote Originally Posted by nugg View Post
    huge troy. would have loved to see that one played out. how long did it take ya to land.
    Not super long. About 20 minutes or so. But the rod was fully loaded the whole time. It's a 5'6" 6-10kg Shimano Raider Barra Mauler. It's a stiff broom stick I use for Jacks and I've never seen it bent that much and I've caught 4ft Sharks, 125cm Threadies and good Jacks on it. I had one hand on the reel and the other hand half way between the reel seat and the first guide and pulling just to get the thing moving a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    A bit of "boy who cried wolf" stuff going on over this one Troy, had to happen!
    Yeah there was bound to be non believers. I'm glad we got pics with a bit of proof it was a canal capture though. There would have been plenty of people sitting back going, "Yeah right mate". That Marty+Jojo wanker on A.F. will be eating his own words!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Great fish Troy well done!! you would have had to work dam hard to get that one in LB with tht gear!!!

cheers
    Brandon...
    Yeah was good fun doing it. Next fish on the list is a 60cm+ Jack .

Troy

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    . Next fish on the list is a 60cm+ Jack .

Troy
    That's been on my list 4 a long time, Troy, I haven't got close this year.

Are we going to see the video of the GT?

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

That's been on my list 4 a long time, Troy, I haven't got close this year.

Are we going to see the video of the GT?
    Yeah I'll catch one for ya mate .

You'll have to watch a 10 minute video of Smallunit's arse first before you can see it. I'm not sure how far he's bending over but I've heard it's pretty intense.

I did just make a Marlin video you're more then welcome to watch .

Troy

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_mako View Post
    Yeah I'll catch one for ya mate .

You'll have to watch a 10 minute video of Smallunit's arse first before you can see it. I'm not sure how far he's bending over but I've heard it's pretty intense.

I did just make a Marlin video you're more then welcome to watch .

Troy
    Marlin? No, I want to see the bycatch, don't think I can sit through that first 10 minutes though, you must have had a wide angle lens on .

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Marlin? No, I want to see the bycatch, don't think I can sit through that first 10 minutes though, you must have had a wide angle lens on .
    So you're trying to say I caught the GT in the same water we caught the Marlin? 90+ meters of water is pretty dam deep for even an offshore GT.

I wouldn't know how big his arse is, I'm not the one who's looking .

I'll even attach a print screened image of the properties of the first Marlin video and then the GT video. It states an exact date and time right to the nearest second of which the videos were created.

Mate it doesn't matter how hard you try to scrutinies this fish you'll always be proven wrong because this fish was caught in an estuary and that is as legit as it gets.

I called that non believer on A.F. a wanker and I guess you'd fall into that category to if you honestly don't believe it . Is a picture with houses reflecting off the water and me standing in a canal not enough for you? Why do you want to prove me wrong so bad? Jealousy?

Troy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy I believe you, take it easy son.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top catch troy. I cant see why anybody would have trouble believing you. youve always posted good captures.

Well done on the fish of a lifetime. i would have loved to see the swim.....

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gecko,

This is what an offshore GT looks like, this is my pb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy,

Mate, you shouldn't have to take a defensive stance on this site! Even so you don't have to prove anything to anyone, if some people don't believe you then they are the ones missing out right? All they would have to do is look back at your previous posts and see how much fishing you do and what you have caught both in the estuary and in the deep blue they would realise you don't have any reason to lie about your fish!! Stuff em mate just ignore them I reckon

Also I am 99.9% sure Dids believes you and is just as keen as I am to see and hear what your Canal GT did to you!! (the GT was Jack bycatch right?) As has been said its not often a fish like this gets landed in skinny water.

cheers
    Brandon...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Troy, massive big-ups mate on a cracking catch. Pretty sure Dids means the video of the GT when he says bycatch, as you were originally after jacks, etc.

Would love to see the vid as well mate, minus Smallunit's arse!!!
    Ultralight RULES!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast