Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

tailorboi99

Default Bread Always Works! 1/4/09

Hey guys, just went for an hour session at a local boat ramp which is full of decent Bream and other species. Started with the plastics with only 1 bump so I changed to bread as it *always works*. First couple of fish are small Bream ranging from 10cm to 15cm which wasn't too much fun on 2lb gear. Then I hear "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" for about 5 seconds and set the hook, the fight begins. With a couple more short but powerful runs around rocks which I thought I'd be busted up on 4lb leader but it holds in. I land an estimated 26-27cm Bream which went hard on the light gear. I know it's not overly large but wasn't really expecting such a nice fish for the day - Hot and sweaty! Also at the end I got a small Tailor which was quite a suprise on bread? Also I was ages away from the River mouth. Maybe this place would be good with poppers as I saw some big surface action which appeared to be Bream nailing the prawns that are around. I'll be hitting it soon with some small poppers. Sorry for such a long report .

Tom

Attached are the photo's and also a picture of a trawler working it's way through the River

Last edited by tailorboi99; 01-04-2009 at 02:56 PM.

tailorboi99

Oh also all fish were released obviously

Tom

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

thats not bad tom I have seen taylor quite a ways up the rivers around Brisbane, mainly smaller ones up to 30cms. I have caught a lot of them on poppers at night time when they are busting up bait fish in the lights of bridges etc so might be a go where you are fishing! Taylor will take just about any bait they find, if you slowly wind it in just under the surface you will catch a lot more of them too

Cheers
    Brandon...

PS: I think you should give the plastics more of a go next time mate, or maybe some fresh prawns even.. yes you always catch fish on bread but 99% of the time unless your fishing somewhere that is never fished you will always catch the smaller fish.

tailorboi99

Yeah I totally agree Brandon I'll give em' a go on poppers at night time as they're is lights near a jetty there.

Tom

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Bread sure does always work - (well in most situatons).

I managed to score this baby in Noosa that smashed a peice of bread....big time!!!!

Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

tailorboi99

Nice Ben, they smash the bread hey! This one took off like a train until I started putting the muscle on it.

Tom

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

hey tom, great session down at the boat ramp, if you ain't doing anything next Tuesday maybe we can get into those big fishies.

matt

tailorboi99

I'll be in Noosa mate, getting onto some of the local Bream and Treva's hopefully. Oh and Dart from the beach with sp's

Tom

tailorboi99

Unless you wanna come up to Noosa Matt?