Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Solid Bream Seshion

Gday folks,
    Had a nice little sesh down at Vines this arvo to test out the new camera. Started of flicking shallow running HBs around a rocky flats that full of rats. The planned worked with 3 tiny bream getting pinned in quick succsesion. All bream were caught on a Bassday Sugar Deep but I stuck with my trusty Khamsin Jr Sr. I managed a couple of unknown's that fought quite well for their size - anyone know what they are?

Moved up to some deeper water covered by some moored boats. The move was well worth it...our first casts in the shadows with 2in Shrimp were both nailed on the drop. We had a double hookup on the go for a bit before Joel pulled the hooks on his, I landed mine soon after. It was a nice bream of around 30cm. Had a bit of a deformity but...one eye was way bigger than the other so he looked a bit silly.

We moved up to a much deeper hole that holds better fish in larger numbers. Sure enough, our first few casts were met by some nice bream. Joel got completly shreaded with his 6lb leader and we were running out of Gulp so we tyed on SX40's. This forced decision to change was well worth it! I nailed a 28cm fish about 10 casts later and Joel got a nice Black Bream further down the rock wall. The reason the SX40's were working so well was because they dived on the same angle as the rock wall. The lures were just bumping down the rock face and as they go down to where the sand meets the rock, the bream were waiting to pounce.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the read and picis...the new cam has a beaut macro function!!

Cheers,
    TH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Try Hard; 05-04-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

tailorboi99

Man the weather looks beautiful there - compared to us down in Brissy hah. Good report once again and great pics! I wanna come for a sesh :P. Good work mate.

Tom

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice session TH...

Those spikey little buggers in the second picture make good live bait for Jacks.

Well done again mate.

Pete

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks like a great session mate, good work!

At least some people are having good weather

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

some awsome action good that the water is starting to come clear.

Brook

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great fun session, better then being stuck at home doing domestics
    I managed a couple of unknown's that fought quite well for their size - anyone know what they are?
    First one maybe a Barred Grunter and the
    second photo I recon is a Crescent Perch.
    Nice report .

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys...

Tom and Snagking - we got blue skys up here for the next 6 months now!

Pete - spiky alright! He nailed me with the big sucker on his gill plate! Interesting that the jacks like em but.

Brook - sure is mate. Its pretty well perfect for bream fishing atm...can get away with using 6lb leader without spooking too many fish.

Blackfish - thanks for the fish IDing mate...now we have somthing to call them other than "oh, is just another one of them spikey little buggers!"

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

mate im jealous.
    What did u think of the Bassday Sugar Deep?
    what is the Khamsin Jr Sr. like iv never seen one before where do u get ours and how much mate.
    top sesh
    cheers Ethan
    p,s what rig are you using....what type rod and reel ?

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Ethan - I run a Shimano Tcurve 6'6 2-5kg 2 peice rod with a Shimano Stradic 1000 reel. This is spooled with 4lb Fins braid fornormal, everday work and I have 1lb Crystal Fireline on the spare for finesse situations.

This was the first time we've run the Sugar Deeps and based on today...that go alright! They're only 35mm in length so just a little snack to bream. I think it cost about $20 on MOtackle. The Khamsins are made by Zipbaits and would have the be the most sought after HB on the market. They've had a great run in the tournaments so the domestic demand has skyrocketted! They go for between $20 and $30 depending on where you buy but they are an exstemly effective lure.

If you want more info, just send adidaspeteman a PM...he uses them quite a bit and Im sure he'd be willing to give you a hand!

Cheers mate

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish guys thanks for the tackel info keep it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast