Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks mate
    sugar deeps are the lures iv used allot the last few times iv been breaming but a 75 mm long minno
    what the tcurve like?

cheers Ethan

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

TryHard, sounds like you have some nice grounds all worked out mate. You've been doing better then what I have in my local Canning River. That first spikey bugger looks like one of the Yellowtail Grunters we get over here..... Ben (da_houghsta) is the Guru on catching them.

I think it is almost time again to head south and hit Walpole and catch a bream or 100
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Ethan - the Tcurve is a very solid rod, well suited to HB. It's slightly tip heavy with a 1000 sized reel but could be balanced with a 1500 sized reel. With a 2-5kg rating its great for fishing in tiger country where you rely on the power located in the butt of the rod to drag big fish away from tight structure. Matched with 4lb Fins (which breaks at around 16lb) the combination makes for a great setup for these northern water where you've the possibility of nailing anything from Bream to Barra to Queenfish or even big nasty Scats as I soon found out! hehehe

Pete - You practicing your donut seshions there mate! I'll trade you a couple of Barra for a few of your 40cm+ Walpole flats Bream? Oh yer, where you do source your Khamsins from?
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

man you guys are fishing machines, keep on coming, and i have to agree with Tailorboi99 (tom) about the weather. nice catches boys

matt

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Isaac, you've got your water sussed.

Cheers, Jeff.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great sesh Try Hard, and the pics have come up a treat, looks like we'll b seeing a few more pictures in the lethal lures snap shot comp thn 'ey?

And just out of curiosity, what camera did you get?

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Another nice little session there Isaac....

It's great to see you mixing it up with the lures too!

The 'Black' Bream you refer to is not actually a Black Bream (Acanthopagrus butcheri), but a Pikey Bream I believe (Acanthopagrus berda)

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Try Hard View Post

Pete - You practicing your donut seshions there mate! I'll trade you a couple of Barra for a few of your 40cm+ Walpole flats Bream? Oh yer, where you do source your Khamsins from?
    You got yourself a deal mate! haha
    Regarding Khamsins, I source them from all over. A variety of stores get them in. The thing is they come in small quantities, so they sell out real fast. I have been told form the supplier that 2000 are coming in this time.....and rattlers too
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beevor View Post
    The 'Black' Bream you refer to is not actually a Black Bream (Acanthopagrus butcheri), but a Pikey Bream I believe (Acanthopagrus berda)
    You'd be right Beevor - it's just a local thing

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for the replies guys...

Jeff - starting to get em sorted mate...it's a working progress! As with all fishing spots, this one's very sensative to abiotic variablility...tide is everything in Vines. We can be fishing one particualr area where the fish are biting one minute then stop all of a sudden because tidal flow has slowed ever slow slightly. Then we move upstream to where the tide is still moving rapidly and we nail em again! I do enjoy it when a pattern emerges!

Nath - Sure will mate...I'll get em up ASAP! As to the camera, I'm sorry but I wouldn't have a clue! It Joels cam and he don't know how it works so I get the task of teaching him (and myself) how to use it :P I'll be sure to find out for you next time we fish mate.

Beevor - as Neil said, it's just a local thing. Pickey's are also known as the scourge of barra live baiting round here! However they're a welcome bycatch when chasing Yellowfin Bream...they fish extremly rough and look fantastic!

Pete - I might pull out of that deal mate...the postage on metre long styrofoam would be wayyyyyy too much for me! Thanks for the Khamsin info too mate...much appreciated!

Thanks again guys.

Cheers,
    TH
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12