Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent fishing in Perth

Well it has been a while between reports for me, I havn't been having hugely successful sessions lately, so I thought I would just make a thread of some of my better captures.

I have been using the blades (Ecogear VX-35) a fair bit, as well as some Zipbait Khamsin JR DR and SX-48's as my main weapon's of choice. There has been a lot of baitfish - Hardyheads I think - hanging around some well known fishing spots, where I have been having some success - well when I'm not snagging up on fishing line on the bottom! These photo's are from a recent session where I managed to get a couple of smaller Bream, a couple of Yellowtail Grunters, but most supprisingly for me, I also hooked a large Yellowfin Whiting, and a Boney Herring on a blade! With the boney, I doubt I jagged it also, given the size of it and the location it is hooked, I would say it had a proper go at it:

I have caught a whiting once before on a blade, but this was my 1st in the river. It didn't fight too well, and after release I saw it swimming near the surface - though I could have been having a go at the mass of baitfish - but it's face looks a bit sick:

And finally one of the Bream. By the way, the sun had just started coming up at this point, but the camera couldn't focus properly in the low light without the flash - hence the black background:

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, going back a little further was a session with Pete. We initially jigged the jetty for a bit until sunset, I think Pete managed a couple of Bream, however I was plauged my Blowies. This is Pete's nice one, a couple of photos:

Do you think he loves his Bream...?

Well after that we tied on the Khamsins for a couple more rats, however I managed to pull a suprise capture just before dark on my Khamsin. Yet I hooked it in the butt...:

It was a very decent crab - I've only caught a few before, but this was much bigger, although the claws were very short. You can see the size in comparison to the lure, I have size 14 feet as well!
    Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

This time a wading session I think on the 14th of last month. Brilliant sunset, but not too many fish caught really. However here are some good shots from the session:

Pete:

Hooked up to a Monster!!! ....

... Or not... :

One of mine after dark:

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is just a few more random shots from sessions that didn't really produce anything worthy or taking a photo of.

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple more - a nice Tarwine that I got (they fight much harder that the same size Blackie) and a good Bartail from Pete:

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice pics there mate,the fish may not have been playing the game but still some awesome water you fish..
    chewy
    Fishing with fly..its the quest..not the conquest..

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you've been having a bit of success there Ben.
    Makes me almost miss Perth, almost!
    I'm heading back up that way (sort of) in about a month, might have to get a group of the AA'ers together to go and hassle a few of those bream.

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

You've been finding more that way then we have here at the moment.... I got to explore some new ground.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

nice fish guys , got a few of these bad boys the other day. Not quite perth ...jurien way.

tailorboi99

Good report and great pics to go with it!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast