Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent fishing in Perth

Well it has been a while between reports for me, I havn't been having hugely successful sessions lately, so I thought I would just make a thread of some of my better captures.

I have been using the blades (Ecogear VX-35) a fair bit, as well as some Zipbait Khamsin JR DR and SX-48's as my main weapon's of choice. There has been a lot of baitfish - Hardyheads I think - hanging around some well known fishing spots, where I have been having some success - well when I'm not snagging up on fishing line on the bottom! These photo's are from a recent session where I managed to get a couple of smaller Bream, a couple of Yellowtail Grunters, but most supprisingly for me, I also hooked a large Yellowfin Whiting, and a Boney Herring on a blade! With the boney, I doubt I jagged it also, given the size of it and the location it is hooked, I would say it had a proper go at it:

I have caught a whiting once before on a blade, but this was my 1st in the river. It didn't fight too well, and after release I saw it swimming near the surface - though I could have been having a go at the mass of baitfish - but it's face looks a bit sick:

And finally one of the Bream. By the way, the sun had just started coming up at this point, but the camera couldn't focus properly in the low light without the flash - hence the black background:

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!