Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bream Sesh

tailorboi99

Default Bream Sesh

Hi all, today me and Mattuna went for a Bream session at Hawthorne Rockwall with some lures and the usual bread incase the lures don't get as many hits. Most Bream came on bread but 3 on lures. We were using 2lb and 4lb braid with 4lb leaders. The go-to lure was a Squidgie Wriggler 80mm in 24 Carrot on a stealth jighead - Love this recipe! Flicking lures into a deepish hole we were prized with 8 Bream and 3 TINY Scats. It was brilliant fun and at low tide we made our own structure with bricks that were already in the mud - Hopefully it will home some bruisers soon. Anyway just a quick report but was a ball to spend the day with a mate. Pics to be added later sorry. Also we lost around 10 Bream all around the 25cm mark at the pylons

Tom

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Great session Tom and Matt!
    sorry i couldn't come, definately another time though!
    Cheers Dan

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report there Tailorboi99 and great photos

Should be more posts like yours ................ having a good/fun time
    Thanks
    B.F.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

well done guys

tailorboi99

Thanks guys. Heading back again soon . I know it's only little stuff but it's something with all this bad weather

Tom

tailorboi99

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

hey everyone, just the other pictures that we took today, so enjoy and some other pictures from woody point on Friday 10/4/09.

today around 8 bream, and Friday around 20tailor biggest one was 30ish as in photo and 3 bream and 1 tarwine. so enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images

tailorboi99

Go Jarvis Walker cap beats Berkley any day! Those Bream are monsters hey. Oh and we moved onto Colmslie after Hawthorne

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished Patterson Lakes with my 2 year old daughter this afternoon only real small bream around the flood gates. Was wrapped my daughted reeled in her first fish and wasnt scared to touch it. Hopefully some bigger ones next time maybe I should take her to the Tambo.

tailorboi99

Yeah at this spot you can get some decent sized Bream but the bigger ones are 30-32cm's with the smaller ones being hooked up to consistantly. Just a bit of fun isn't it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast