Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dirty Water Breamin'

Gday folks,
    Went to trusty Vines Creek today for a quick flick to calm the nerves after the past few days mamoth efforts in the impoundments. All the rain we had over the Easter breack had finally managed to flow downstream and into our bream spots so it was like fishing in a glass of Milo!

Despite the murky water, the day started well with Joel nailing a 29cm bream before I even had a lure rigged and in the water. His new favourite Bassday Sugar Minnow did the damage. This fish put up a spirited battle underneath a boat hull on 2lb line. After a few photos she was back in the drink like a shot.

After fishing the flats for only a few half-hearted strikes, we moved up further to where another boat was moored. This same boat produced a double hookup a few weeks back so we were keen to flick our lures along the length of the hull. Sure enough, as soon as I cranked my Zipbaits Khamsin Jr Sr down to its operating depth and gave it a few twitches, it was met by the tell-tale crunch of a bream. I struck had and got the fish away from the barnicle encrusted hull after a few good runs and violent headshakes. It was a 31cm bream and was a solid fish to come out on a 6lb leader. After a few more casts at the boat we decided to move up to a deeper hole.

As we were walking up, I noticed something poking out of the top of the water. On closer inspection we realised that it was crab pot that had been flushed out with all the recent rain. We went over and had a bit of a look at it...it was full of crabs! It had no rope, no float, no name tag or no bait left in it so we pulled it ashore and had a look inside. I think there was about 5 crabs in there, all of which were looking in very poor condition. There was only the one legal buck at 17cm and there was also one big mumma jenny measuring 20cm across the carapace. Most of the other smaller crabs had very few legs or claws so we knew that they had been in there for a while and we soon realeased all crabs back into the drink. We also took the pot up above the high tide line where it could do no further damage.

After our little crustecean experience, we finally reached the big hole we'd been walking to. I still had my Khamsin on from the boat hull so I just worked it about for a few casts whilst Joel was rigging our Gulps. Funnily enough the third cast was nailed by a 30cm bream!

By now Joel had rigged our Gulp Shrimps so we began drifting the smelly offerings down the face of the rock wall. The first few casts went unoticed but as we progressed along the wall I detected a uble line bite. After a pause of seconds to allow the fish to get the lure down, I took up the slack in the line and struck. This fish came in rather easily for a 29cm bream but it was a much welcomed fish to push me way ahead of Joel!

The tide soon turned so we got the heck out the bottom of the creek, leaving the fish on the chew...ahh well, leave some for next time we rekon!

Cheers guys!
    Isaac
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

tailorboi99

Loving ya work Isaac, sweet shots too. That last picture Bream is real healthy by the looks

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Yer all the fish from today were in extremely good condition...check out how dark that last bream tail fork is!

tailorboi99

Yeah, down here at the minute the Breams fins have a slight red in them. Don't know what it is, but whatever it is it's not good. Thanks for the report anyway mate.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish there, and on a nice variety of lures as well. hopefully the fish will pick up over here sometime soon.. I need to get into them!
    Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Isaac your stories are always a good read and full of information thanks mate keep up the good work.

cheers

chris

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

An another great fishing day for you Isaac, and i agree with tom, all the bream look healthy. And tom i have know idea why those bream had red fins

matt

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

da_houghsta - good luck getting into em mate...hope you get a few! You find your bream bite better when the waters cooling mate?

Chris - Hey no problems mate, Im always happy to collect data for the reports!!!

Matt - Thanks mate...I dont suppose you have a picture of these "red-fin-bream" do ya?

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

try hard some one said that they saw a croc there about 3 meter dont know if it is true but i wouldent doubt it.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

BEAUTY...that'l keep us on our toes next time at least

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast