Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Quick Sesh 2

tailorboi99

Default Quick Sesh 2

Hi all, well went to my Brissy River spot for a flick for an hour just before it gets dark. Headed to the spot and immediately saw baitfish scattering so I put a popper on and only a couple follow but no hook-ups. The fish were medium sized Bream around the 30cm mark. Then the bait went away so I tied a sinking HB on (The unknown one from yesterdays report). First cast bump, bump, bump no-hookup. Couple of casts later *BAM* I was on. With a good fight on 4lb leader the fish was landed - A 46cm Lizard. My first on HB so I was obviously pretty thrilled. Fish was released to hassle bait again . Other fish caught in the sesh were small Bream averaging 20cm's and 1 small Grunter.

Sorry for such a long report!

Tom

Last edited by tailorboi99; 17-04-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Adding Photo's

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin lizard you got there mate!
    did he fight hard?
    cheers,Dan

tailorboi99

Was a pretty good fight around some weed clumps actually.

Tom

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Tom, thats a lovely flathead to get you going on HBs...I wish you many more and big ones in the future!

Cheers Isaac
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

that makes both off us tom to get a flattie on that HB nice work mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tailorboi99

Yeah Isaac, might be heading to the same spot tomorrow for another flick so hopefully I'll clean up. Haha Matt and in 2 days

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the lure is a Bassday Sugar Minnow? they are a sinking minnow. I've had some luck one them and also the Shirazu (spelling is off I know) from Smith which is similar but a little longer. You can change the trebles over to make it sink faster or slower (I prefer some heavier trebles which lets me flick the lure a little quicker).

Good flattie as well, looks very nicley coloured. i keep losing mine on 4lb leader as they always seem to inhale the lure... I lost my new SX-40LC the other day to a ~55cm flattie on 6lb Nitlon fluro which i was kicking myself for!
    Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

tailorboi99

Yeah I can't remember what it was think it was a Bassday though. The Flattie was hanging near a drain picking up all the little baitfish as they came so he was well fed . Buggar about the Sx40 they're nice lures, even if you up the leader to 10lb you won't get as many hits from the Bream, Lizards so I guess it's just luck to get em' in the corner. Straight after i caught this fella I check my leader strength and didn't put 1lb pressure on it and ping it snapper about 5cm's up from the lure. Lucky I didn't cast it again ha.

Tom