Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threadies

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks everyone, but I went to the mouth of the Brisy this morning and doughnuted. I think I might wait and get a thready somewhere else, sorry but the Brisbane river, for me, is not a place to fish, it stinks, not pleasant at all. A large part of fishing 4 me, is getting out in the natural environment and enjoying the suroundings.

Cheers Dids

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Didley, low tide is best at night , even if your boat sits in 2ft of water you must be as quite as you can any sudden noise will scare them off , as for lures small spoons work for us, and live baiting use herring/mullet with no sinker and 5/0 wide gape hook , as for area look where the river shallows out at low tide and where bait is working,it might be a good place to start, happy fishing shorty

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattuna View Post
    ye the winter stops some fishing but or the big fish come out e.g kingies and GT's can't w8 but bull sharks are gone

Dude, you have not caught a threadfin, so why are you saying that winter is a bad time???

Winter is a very good time for them, prawn run. Hence their will be more threadfin activily (sp) feeding and its easier to target them. Also bigger jew will start to be a regular catch soon as it gets colder.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

mate i've been for them and i know jew come out more and even the bream will be on the chew because dirty water from rain and the season is coming up for them

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope this weather improves soon so we can all get out there, hay boys.

mKs, So threadies are a year round proposition then? I think a big jewie might be on the wish list this season, so many fish so little time!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Hope this weather improves soon so we can all get out there, hay boys.

mKs, So threadies are a year round proposition then? I think a big jewie might be on the wish list this season, so many fish so little time!

Yes mate, they dont act like the FNQ threadfin. Winter is also a great time to chase em.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    I think I might wait and get a thready somewhere else, sorry but the Brisbane river, for me, is not a place to fish, it stinks, not pleasant at all.
    sounds like paradise, if your a bloody victorian

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

G'day Kev, good to see you out of the correctional centre, you behave yourself now. I'll look forward to seeing some of your reports.

Cheers Dids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12