Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Built for speed, 12 and 13.

Went out with Troy and Dan again last night for a GH session, collected bait at the usual spot with Troy testing his new net out. It is a lot crisper and the blank provides good sensitivity.

After 45min or so, we headed of to our favourite canal system, chucked in our lives and I had a play with the lures for a while, 10min in Troy yells out he is one, some small but powerful runs and a few jumps and a nice 73cm giant herring was netted.

Action went quite as it usually does after one fish, so we headed of to find a new spot; but it was a fail. Spot was to hard to get into.

After a few hours for nothing, Troy did the unthinkable and cut a mullet in half to catch some insane bream. Which he did, I also followed in suit and cut my mullet in half. Casted her out and waited a bit, locked drag.... and I was intending to strike this bream so hard that the mouth would tear to parts. Line twitches, felt weight and strike! WHAT THE FUC*, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz for a good 40mtrs on a battler and a Calcutta dc with locked drag; 'this is no bream Troy'. Some huge jumps and some more power full runs on a hard drag. Netted after 5min or so, went 93cm.

Matt

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work guys sounds like some fun.