Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: walkin the dog

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default walkin the dog

So me and my fishing buddy were going for a LBG session and we arrived at our spot to be greated withe a 4m easterly swell and water that looked like pea soup. So a quick change of plan led us to spot X

with our old bream rods and reels wich have been retired to tough it out on LBG fish it was going to be fun. After me not taking any bream gear i was given my favourite surface lure to fish with the old and faithful pup. After a bit of walking my mate got his first fish for the session a little bream with great colours.

Then after a while with no fish i spotted an odd surface disturbance next to lure and then noticed a very solid fish under the surface. After a pause with no interest i called it a huge mullet. Then on my next pause there was a thumping hit and a miss by what would have been my PB perch and that magic 50cm mark it was a monster. I flicked into the same spot and got another two hit and misses Fish with bad aim are really annoying.

About two casts later my mate got a nice hit and the fish dropped off after a quick run. it then smashed the lure on the rise and a perch that would've been in the low forties came to the shore.after i fired a cast onto the same area i got a solid hookup and landed another perch around 36-38cm. After alot more boils behind our lures and a few nips at them the action stopped.

A bit of extra deep wading and a fall in we were a bit further up and my mate got a decent bream. we started our trek back and i picked up another decent bream. Then i fired a cast a bit wide of a snag and there was a huge boil next to my lure. After a few more casts at the snag i moved on. After a coupkle of casts later i decide to have one more at the snag and got another perch. After a few more hits and misses we continued back and sat around fo the next hour coz my mates watch has gone loopy lol

Soz no pics the wading was upp to our shoulders on some spots. My unwaterproof waterproof camera couldnt come lol
    on the long ass broke road to the fish

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the crappy conditions didnt deter you mate,nothing like sitting there willing the fished that missed to have another go...awesome..
    Fishing with fly..its the quest..not the conquest..