Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Barra on Bream Gear

Gday guys,
    Went down to Vines Creek today for 2 hours with the old man today and had a pretty good little sesh.

Started off well will a few small flatties being caught within the opening half hour ranging from 30-50cm. Same as last time, my Brown Snake coloured Stiffy Minnow did the damage while Dad persisted with a 3in Gulp Shrimp.

After I had landed my 7th Dusky for the day, I soon had a different fight on my hands. I had worked the lure down to its operating depth when I dediced to check the drag setting on my reel. Soon enough the rod was nearly ripped from my hands as a fish clobbered the lure and angled towards a near-by snag. I stuck it to this small fish and I laughed as soon as I saw a baby barra take to the air. I soon had him on the sand where we could take a few photos of the perfectly conditioned barra.

I nailed another barra soon after from around the same snag so we decided to hang around a bit longer. For about the next 15 minutes it was non-stop barra action with me landing another 3 small fish, dropping another 2 and me Dad even dropped a few...on MY rod!

By now my Stiffy Minnow was looking pretty beat up with a snapped treble and a straightened split ring so we called it a day and got out before the tide turned.

Not bad for 2 hours in a creek with a few lures and light flick sticks aye!

Cheers Isaac
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Top session mate well done you cant complain about that
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work mate, thoes barra would of been awesome on 4lb. Wish the fishin down here was that good.
    PB Barra:114cm on horny toad.
    PB Sooty:49cm on horny toad.
    PB Bream:35cm on SX40.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

What a great little session there Isaac.
    Nice of your dad to let you catch all those fish ....... what an unselfish act

I'd not use that Stiffy minnow again and keep it for the memories.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top stuff again Isaac,

Your killing it mate.

Pete

tailorboi99

You're even catching Barra whilst chasing Bream and Flathead, man you're a machine. Loving your work and great shots!

Tom

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Isaac,
    i just sent a pretty big tackle order away n i havent got any of the stiffy minnows,i might have to get a couple.I like the look of that vines creek,reminds me of a couple up seaforth way.Very nice.
    chewy..
    Fishing with fly..its the quest..not the conquest..

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers guy,

Dylan - Still can't beat my 54cm salty on 2lb Crystal and a 4lb leader! She was fluke of the year considering I caught her on a rock bar at the Eimeo Creek boat ramp

Blackfish - Yer the old man's good to me sometimes, however he did drop 2 fish which put the school off!

Pete - I hope I didn't kill any mate, wild run salty barra are as rare as hen's teeth nowadays. Most are much to wise to smack a lure.

Tom - Thanks mate, rare event that one but. To get em on bream gear is a hard feat.

Paul - Those Stiffy Minnows are the go aye. I never really used them or had any faith in them but once you get your technique right, they catch! Straight out of the box they are rubbish, you need to get out into the pool and tune them up good before you fish them. A lot of the creeks round here look the same...this is the only one I'de wade around in but - too many toothy lizards around Seaforth mate!

Cheers aye
    PB Sooty - 52cm on a Reidy's Little Lucifer
    PB Barra - 115cm on a Stiffy Boney Bream

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work there mate, got into some wild barra action. Great fun

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

nice work great to see the barra breading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast