Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first post

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My first post

Hey all Timbo and i always seem to go away from our weekends with even fish so we figered that 3 days of fishing has to split us and a winner will be crowned but we were wrong Saturday we wanted to chase big black bream in the timber on surface and plastics and we come up with a blinder average size was 30cm and keeping them out of the trees was bloody hard on 2kg and timbo couldnt have had a better session to break in the new outfit we also found mackeral at ungowa and tailor and pike everywere along with some nice cod but the lake of big lizards was a bit dissapointing but the amount of small trevs in the creeks was amazing they were everywere So we had such a good session on saturday we had to do it again sunday so basically the same trip was had all over again it was awsome we did get blownn away more by those red devils one of wich stole a poper right off the surface good fun but we realy wanted to get one to the boat oh well next time so saturday timbo emerged the winner and sunday was my day to show him how to do it so goin into monday we were tied as always after 2 days so we went to the dam with the thought one of us was goin to be champ but after al and trenno haveing a slow day on sunday tim and i didnt think we were about to have another cracker it started slow but around 1030 the barra fired and didnt stop until close of gates none on the surface but they thought the slickrigs were tasty didnt matter on colour but casting had to be spot on we even got a double hookup and boated them at the same time in the same net it was unreal the average size was 69cm and a 70cm was landed timbo was smashed by a big girl that popped 30lb hhhmmmmmm damn it moved alot of water on the take with all the action we were keeping count and ended up at 5 each from 18 fish fought and countless near missis couldnt beleive it we had tied again after 3 days but we didnt mind as it was a bloody good 3 days
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

great report mate, can i ask a question, what rod is that you used on the bream i saw the daiwa exceller reel.

cheers matt

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

A few more
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Mate i use a 1 to 3 kilo trion

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work fellas, didnt get there last weekend, hope to take the yak there this one coming.

roydsy

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work guys!!! Nothing beats a little bit of fun competitiveness when fishing against mates!! (as long as there are no egos in the road )

Some nice fish there that for sure, ecspecially those barras!!!

Thanks heaps for sharing the trip with us Nath - Seeing though this was your first ever post, I look forward to many many more
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics Nath and thanks a trillion for sharing with us.

Those bream have got some size on em and what lure is that?

I am seeing a lot of barra reports from impoundments lately and geeez - the arm is getting twitchy!!

Thanks for sharing and as Talina said - look forward to the rest of em.

Cheers - Benno
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

tailorboi99

Great pictures and great report. Can't wait to read your second report

Tom

tailorboi99

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Nice pics Nath and thanks a trillion for sharing with us.

Those bream have got some size on em and what lure is that?
    The last Bream has a Ecogear PX43 in it's mouth

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

All surface bream were caught on Ecogear px45s just walk the dog and bang try and keep them out of the sticks i love the pikey bream they go so much harder than there yellow fine cousins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast