Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks heaps for coming down with me Pete, was a good trip even if the fish didn't turn it on as much as normal. I have the tally of who caught what by the way if you want it. i actually finally pipped you by a fraction! all that frantic sunset fishing with my Raphaels and Bluescodes are what put me over the line I think. I got a few more of both by the way. There are some fantastic photos in that lot, that's for sure. Helped in part by the scenery though - a bit more photogenic without the rain and wind, even if it meant the fish weren't as active. With the driving, I have a mug at home from when I went to Movie World on the east coast in referance to one of the rollercoasters that goes something like "riding this is almost as bad as driving with Ben!!" Sorry mate - straight roads mostly up north

Thanks again for the trip, I'm already looking foward to our next Walpole adventure!
    Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Awsome guys iam so green with envy right now what a cracker location and pics thanks for sharing
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pics again Pete, well done. It certainly looks as though you guys had an awesome time away.
    Danny.
    Rock N Reel King

Check out my photos Dan's Fishing Life

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

You missed out my almost-ray! Hooked a large stingray with my bluescode on our last evening trip when we were wading about 400m from shore. To give credit, my 6lb nitlon braid with 6lb nitlon leader and egrell S1 with my 1000FI stradic held up fine and I managed to drag it right to shore, where, 20m from shore, it finally went for a run and I heard the dreaded *ping!*. It was my last Blues Code as well. However I also have to admit that most of the walk back to shore, I had the rod pointing at the ray and was thumbing the spool, the ray was just swimming 4-5m to our side almong with us. It never went for any huge runs, just every so often I lost 5m of line when it thrashed around before coming back in line. Pete took a couple of photos I believe, in between us both running away at times when I was trying to get it moving and it decided to charge us... Fun night!! (It was pitch black by the time we got to shore).

With that skippy, both pectrol fins, tail and some others were covered with the lice from about 5mm long, to big ones 5cm long. They seemed to have been eating away at the fins - the fish didnt fight too hard, and half the fins were missing. However I caught a 2nd one not long after, but it had no lice on it, the 1st skippy was the only one we saw that was affected.
    Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for a great report and some awesome photography Pete.
    You sure have painted a pretty picture...sounds like your type of 'heaven'

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Top shelf stuff fellas....It looks like you guys had a pretty amazing trip, I bet it was extremely difficult to come back home again!!

Some of those Sunset photos are absolutely mesmorizing!! Good to see you putting that new camera to good use Pete!!
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

tailorboi99

Absolutely sweet report, thanks for all the great pictures aswell. I'm going to grab myself a few Khamsin's

Tom

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing trip fellas, and I think I'm going to be kicking myself for not jumping on board the Exmouth trip.

I've only fished the 'Pole the once, but boy, its a magical place.

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys,do you mind me asking if tides play a factor in your fishing over there..ie.do you fish the run in tide when the fish are coming onto the flats..or the run out when they get in the turbulent water...
    cheers chewy..
    Fishing with fly..its the quest..not the conquest..

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete / Ben,

Excellent work fellas and not only did you get quantity but variety..... and that is what makes the fishing trip even more super!!!

You certainly are taking some great shots - sure you and Beevor arent brothers somewhere or consulting photography.

Great to see the Zipbaits did the damange and excellent report mate - a credit to you both.

Cheers - Benno
    Chewy....
    http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum/signaturepics/sigpic3_2.gif
    Its the quest,not the conquest...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast