Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tailorboi99

Default 17-05-09 Squidgie Wrigglers Always Come On Top

G'day all,

This morning at 8AM a mate and I caught the train down to a spot where we usually chase Bream. Armed with light gear and Squidgie Wrigglers in all different colours. As we were not expecting anything major we used 4lb straight through, but today was a different day. We flicked along pylons for roughly half an hour with only a few juvenile Moses Perch which put up a great little tussle for their size.

We then moved spots to a sand flat with plenty of Bream and Whiting being spotted. First cast with a Atomic Hardz Crank I was on, comes in a stinking Pike, my mate Matt flicked out a Squidgie Wriggler in Bloodworm and boom gets smashed by a juvenile Big-Eye roughly 20CM's. After 10Minutes of no strikes we go back to the Pylon's.

We flicked into the pylons for about an hour with only a few average Bream and a truck load of juvenile Moses Perch. I flicked right into a oyster encrusted pylon and on the lift up I got smashed, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ for approximately 20Seconds the fight was on but the fish had the upper hand on me. He wrapped me around a oyster and it was all over. We believed the fish was either a juvenile Yellowtail Kingie or a big trevally.

A charter boat named 'Nitro' operated by John Palermo moored up and emptied it's catches of the day and there was plenty. Added are some photo's. Including some decent Pearlies and Snapper

All in all, a brilliant day to spend with a mate flicking placcies around a beautiful spot.

Thanks Tom

NOTE - PHOTO'S WILL BE ADDED LATER!

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

ye mate i was warn out at the end of the day, to bad of that unstoppable fish
    i will get pict now

matt

tailorboi99

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Them snapper are tiny..... but would be fun on the bream gear!
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

tailorboi99

They are small, it's going to be a good season here in Brisbane. I know of 3 10KG+ fish being caught in 1 week in the Bay and River.

Thanks Tom

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Tom

The snapper are here in the bay, .... 80cm+ regularly caught at the arty. I cant wait to get out this weekend and give them a good go.

Roydsy

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done guys looks like you had fun
    Good luck roydsy i will stick with my breambos for a while yet The snapper just arent in good numbers yet
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tailorboi99 View Post
    They are small, it's going to be a good season here in Brisbane. I know of 3 10KG+ fish being caught in 1 week in the Bay and River.

Thanks Tom
    Have to see photo evidence of that one Tom....
    10kg Snapper are rare despite what some may say......

BTW....Some of those squire in that picture dont even look legal..!!

Pete
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 20-05-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Added extra

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

10kg Snapper are pretty rare. Especially in SEQ waters. I've caught 2 84cm on plastics thanks to Rob and they would only be around 8kg I'd assume. A 100cm Snapper might go 10kg depending on the head its got.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    BTW....Some of those squire in that picture dont even look legal..!!
    It's Palermo Pete, he wouldn't keep the babies. Not if he wants his business anyway.

Troy

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

My Brother in law got a 12 Kg, 2 years back, from the other side of Moreton, I'll see if I can get a photo 4 ya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast