Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chilly morning at the burrrum

Hi all AA's
    Dad and i woke up at about 5:30 this morning and it was freezing. We got onto the high way and the car temperature reading for outside was 8 degrees. We got on the water and a thick layer of fog covered the surface. rigged up the rods and started flicking. We were hoping to cross paths with a few tevally or queenies. Our normal spot didn't come through for us, dad hooked something but lost it as normal. We were idleing along when dad was just having a few flicks and "BANG" he ws onto a tevally. He must not have looked a the hook and it snaped it about half way down the shank. he got another one which was about 10cm long. I got a little cod about 200m down from there and lost something else. Moved back along just up from where dad had got his other one and i hooked up. It was a nice little trevally. Dad had the fly rod out but no sucsess. We decided it was time for a move. So we went down to where we nomally get a few tarpon bu no sucsess there either. Another move was in order we hooked up to something at a set of rocks but lost it. Today dad was using a egall 1-3kg with a penn appluse reel and i was using a gladiator 2-4kg rod and a daiwa fuego reel and we were using manns $1 2 inch clear with a pink tail soft plastics.
    regards Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images