Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humiliation!!!

Another morning was chosen to ignore barra, and focus on softies on the rocks for more bream.

Hahahaha, I lie...... the previous night had given up only rats, and things had slowed down immensely. Lost a lot of fish, including one that felt quite large. The late arvo smash and grab bite before dusk also saw me donate my rainbowfish mira shad to a rampaging fish that ripped me a new one as it crash tackled the lure and dove deep into the rocks. One of those ones where you hold tight, haul as hard as you can, even walking down the bank, but the fish manages to get a deeper bend in the rod than you ever imagined possible.

A few headshakes and lunges, and it's all over..... the 20 lb rub leader above the 40 lb bite piece comes back scuffed, shaved and generally in bad shape, over the entire metre and a half of fluoro. the 18" of 40 lb is goneskis, as is $13 worth of lure.

So back on the 12 lb, jig and placcie at the ready. Get to the spot, and commence work. Cast, sink, drift, jig, BRRRP, sink, tap, BANG!!! ZZZZZZT..... yes, they are still on, and we're still in the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultralight RULES!!