Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Then the jacks moved in...

Yep, RLF...... only this time, the humiliation was all mine. 12 lb leader, rampaging jacks in current. Owen, who at this point had come down for a look see (more on that later, my newest aquarium resident happened to gobble a squidgy wriggler and I needed to borrow a bucket), decided to sledge me a little, asking where these bream were.

3 casts ensued, 3 hookups to heavy weight, strong rapid headshakes and powerful darting runs. Could only be one thing.... better bream. Not to be: monumental wipeout, straightened jighead and a bitten through loop knot saw all three remain unconverted.

3 more casts, all met with smashing strikes, sizzling powerful runs, then 2 more massive wipeouts and a massive bricking saw jacks crash the party to level the scores. Only a barra was needed to complete the wipeout slam, and 2 casts later the wriggler was inhaled by a 70+ fish, which immediately went airborne and busted the leader like spider silk.

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! AHAHAHHAHAAH!

Did manage to land a few. The atomic shads were worth their weight in gold, slow rolled across current brought a couple red devils to hand, as well as a nice spunky little barra.
    Ultralight RULES!!