Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Default quick session.....

had a mate down on the weekend for some pre-birthday celebrations, and couldn't resist heading down for a flick to see if we could harrass the local bream population. we went down to birkinhead point on sunday morning and started throwing sx40's and pygmy's around the dropoffs and weed edges for a couple of small bream and flatties, and slowly worked our way down to the iron cove bridge. there's a small ferry wharfe there that we started casting to and on my first cast zzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!! something grabbed it and headed east in a hurry. on 4lb there was nothing i could do but hang on and it didn't take long to get wrapped up and shredded. my mate had a very similar experience on his first cast. after tying on another sacrifice, i put in another cast and again zzzzzzzzz!!! this time it headed away from the wharfe straight across the river and around a bridge pylon smoked again! decided it was getting a little expensive to keep on like this we moved further on and picked up some whiting and little tailor and had a few squid follows, when we came acroos an elder gentleman fishing for luderick who asked how we went at the wharfe with a smile on his face. we told him and he laughed and said there has been a school of rat kings around the 50-60cm mark there for about a week with the odd larger fish popping up at times. the fishing shut down not long after so we decided to head home for a drink or 50. will add some pics once i get them off my phone.
    cheers clint