Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bull Sharks & Tailor 16-06-09

Well with so many shark sightings in the river recently and a couple of failed attempts to tempt one, Nick and I hit it again today.
    Straight away Nick was on to a nice tailor so I sent him back out wearing some hardware on the heavier gear....He was alive for quite a while but died later.
    Put a few cuts in him to get a bit a bit of blood flowing and lobbed him back out.Half an hour later the TLD screamed off and Nick fought a nice Bully to the bank.....Good solid shark too.
    A few quick pics and he was swum for and while and released.

Spun up another tailor on the light gear reasonably quickly and repeated the process but put this one out dead.
    Not to long a wait and away we go again....I wrestled this fella and grabbed some pics and sent him on his way.
    Great fun for the arvo.......Tailor on the light gear,bull sharks to stretch the arms and a couple of beers on the way.

Cheers,
    Pete

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice stuff pete. Seems to be a truckload of tailor up there at the moment hey. Decent bullies for the river them pair.
    Cheers. Keith

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome stuff Pete and Nick, I might have to think twice about swimming there now!

Dids

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work. was it the same fish or were they different in size?? You obviously caught them after the "court case" hey?? haha Jeff.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ffejsmada View Post
    Nice work. was it the same fish or were they different in size?? You obviously caught them after the "court case" hey?? haha Jeff.
    Similar in size they were Jeff but I reckon they were different fish.
    Couldnt imagine releasing one then him having another feed in 10 minutes..?????....

Nick reckons the one he saw a while back was MUCH bigger again...

Pete

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

thats awesome, ud get on TV for that shit in the noosa river.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

that is mad as man. is the sharks only been sighted up in the sun shine or down here in Brisbane as well. great pict, i have to get out my big rod and give it a go, haven't got anything on it yet but soon, i can feel it

matt

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work as usual Pete, ripper captures. Always looking forward to reading your reports and seeing the pictures to go with them! Thanks

Cheers BrissyBreamer

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    thats awesome, ud get on TV for that shit in the noosa river.
    No thanks.....Tailorboi can have that coverage.

Pete

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

I was practicing CPR on my fish pete after i filleted it, then it occured to me the shark had probably eaten 10 fish a day for the last 5 years possibly 15000 fish down and thru the poo chute and they were all used twice, the 2nd time when they got shitted out some other organism had a nice meal probably a juvenile bream, the way the stats are running thru my head i can se how vic hislop gets a boner when he starts compounding the findings of each tiger shark against the turtle population. i think i need tom to explain the bigger picture im lost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast