Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Gold Coast area?

Looks like I might be over in Goldy for a weekend in early August. Never fished around Gold coast despite being there a few times. Probably only got a Friday afternoon and a Saturday afternoon free to fish but wouldn't mind wetting a line.

Anyone from this area? Point me in the right direction? Not neccesarily set on just estuary fishing but dont think ill be able to get offshore in that short space.

Thanks in advance.

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you got a boat mate? Place is full of lizards by then. The seaway and pin bar are the areas to look at if you're after a croc. but there will be plenty of smaller fish spread throughout the entire broadwater.
    Cheers. keith

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be shorebased. Sorry forgot to ad that!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh (Shizz) is a top fellow angler who has alot of experience in the tackle industry. So if your a local or in the area and going for a fish, I'll vouch for him...lol
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Send me a message the week before you are going to be here and I will try to give you some up to date info. Early August is the early part of the Flathead season over here, so they would be the target species.

Marty