Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flattie time.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Nice flatmen,

Had a fish this arvo....Mark,Eddy and co were all out.....River VERY quiet.

Pete
    Yeah I couldn't get a touch chasing tailor or trevs, I think the big mullet school had left the river by satdy morn, maybe the tailor travelled with them???

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Vermin View Post
    Good stuff fejjy. Lots of lizards round down here too mate. Lost another jack on friday and got a bloody bass out of a log went 46cm. Bit of a rare capture for the area. Me and red fella might be up next sat night, so we'll try and catch up for a beer.
    Cheers. Keith
    Give us a ring Keith, we've got a low tide round about 5.30am sat morn and arvo. If we're lucky swell and wind wise we might be able to duck out and chase some reefies in close. At this stage it's not looking too good for that though.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by happygilmour View Post
    Awesome stuff Jeff,

I love flattie fishing and will be one of my main target species when i move down south at the end of the year. Flatties arn't fussy, take a lure readily ,give a good account of themsilves on light string and taste great too!!!

Did you try some plastics or stay on the hardbodies?

Also for the folks who havnt caught one, jeff did you fish close to some deep water and fish the run out when the fish move from the shallows oe fish the incoming and fish freshly flooded banks?

Cheers

Aaron
    Thanks Aaron,

Moving back down south??? where to???
    Nah, didn't use placcies at all, stayed on the minnows they were working fine.
    Fished the runout tide along a nice sloping bank, casting up onto the beach and twitched and tweaked the lure through the shallows and down the face of the dropoff. The fish seemed to be sitting at the bottom of the slope on the flat rather than on the slope itself.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice flatfish mate, I'd be happy with that size bartails here on the west coast on my bream gear.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12