Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Bream Lures

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bream Lures

Hi guys

I am going to have a bit of a go at some bream fishing. I just wanted some guidence on lures, plastics and jig head size and or weight.

Any help you can offer would be great.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

with the plastics i'd start with the gulp 2" shrimp in bannana prawn, and the jig head size will vary with the depth of water being fished and current, but i've found myself using around a 1/16th-1/20th a lot lately. there are tons of hard bodies that will catch bream but the jackal chubbies and atomic hardz have worked well for me lately, natural colours the best, but you could also try the stiffy fat one's, ecogear sx40s, strike pro pygmy's,zipbaits khamsin jr, etc, etc pretty much any small hard body will catch bream if you find them in a hungry mood. with vibes i would start with the ecogear vx35. most important thing i've found lately is the line you use, with the pressure bream have been getting lately with lures thrown at them, i won't go any heavier than 4lb flurocarbon, now i will mostly use 2lb to get the bites as they seem to be shying away from 4lb now unless it's in dirty water.
    anyway, this is just a starting point, good luck
    Last edited by goob; 02-07-2009 at 03:42 PM. Reason: cut off halfway

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out mine, da-houghstas, Try Hards and Beevors reports in the 'Estuary Fishing' section.

I'll be happy to answer any questions mate
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys