Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday,Monday in the Bay

Well first time in a long time managed back to back trips,Sunday afternoon was absolutely beautiful.Took the wife and grandson out aroung Round Island and Woody Island unfortunately the water was so clear the catch was not as good as I had hoped.2 just under sweetlip,1 just under tuskie,two walloping grinners about summed it up.Monday morning very foggy start,had a run up the Susan River,again the catch was disappointing;2 just under Flatties,3 bream,2 tuskies and a cod all too small.Still the weather was gorgeous til Monday just before lunch so amazingly I was quite happy and someone had a ball.
    Paulo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Yellowfin Tuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the grandson had a good time out anyway mate. hey if you ever want to get him onto a cod or two the rocks straight out from the inside ramp at river heads are worth a go on both the high and low tide.they are directly towards china bite(south head)from the red bouy strait out from the ramp..i normally get a few here when not much else is biting. Both lures and bait work ok..I hear ya about getting clear..wont be long n night time will be the only time fish will bite..
    Fishing with fly..its the quest..not the conquest..

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the investment in future fisherman

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Its always great seeing the kids out there having a go.
    Good on you for giving him the opportunity.