Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The need for a fish!

G'Day AA's,

Headed down from the mountains for a fish on the Hawkesbury River yesterday. Figured it would be a bit warmer down there but, how wrong I was. It was bloody freezing down there. Being school holidays I thought there may be a few boats out and about but it was fairly quiet in that regard.

Fishing was a bit tough but did manage a few bream and other odds and sod's as well. All were caught on soft plastics. Attached is a couple of pic's of Estuary Persc that put in an appearance. You may note that I wasn't in the bowls of a hidden jungle creek in some remote part of the world but in fact fishing in someones front yard.

Come of the warmer months!

Regards, Bazza.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ya never know whats on your Horizon!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice perch mate, I tried to get a few on a trip to the south coast NSW but blanked. It would be nice if we had them in WA.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice EP mate......He would be down in the salt..??...Yes...??....Winter breeding time..?

I used to love chasing them....But it was feezing cold

Pete

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

G'Day Adidaspetman,

Yep! They are a great little fish indeed. They move around a lot in the estuaries and are sometimes very difficult to locate. Once found, they are usually schooled up and you can have some fun with them. Great looking fish and a real scrapper!

Regards,
    Bazza.

G'Day Pistol P,

Yep! I was fishin in the saltwater. Almost in the ocean in fact. It was real cold and that was probably why there were not a lot of other boats on the water that day. Interesting thing I noted was that we were casting to bank side structure, about 20 feet out from the structure was a secondary drop off. The perch were located along and down the side of this drop off.

Regards,

Bazza
    Ya never know whats on your Horizon!