Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Goob's kids

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Goob's kids

With my little bloke crook with tonsilitis, and while it was still school holidays, i managed to scam 3 days off work to stay home and look after the kids, so naturally we loaded up the car and took off up to Port Macquarie to my parents place for a holiday.
    We left at 7pm on Tuesday after i finished work and got up there at midnight, so dad was pretty buggered when the kiddies jumped into bed at 5am and demanded that the boat be put in the water so they could go fishing. We managed to get them to sit down long enough to eat about 2 spoons of cereal each before the boat got loaded up and put in the water. I motored us round to a nice shallow, weedy creek full of mullet and small bream and trevally, baited up the kids' rods with some bread on 8lb line with number 2 hooks under floats, and started a berley trail of bread. it didn't take long and the kids started pulling in mullet after mullet, so dad was kept busy jumping from kid to kid unhooking fish and baiting hooks, they were havin a ball! then somethin grabbed my little girls line and took off, she started squeeling and drag was pourin off the reel. so dad gave her a hand and after a good little fight (which for a three year old she handled like a seasoned veteran) a very nice 36cm bream came to the net

as soon as i took the pic my older daughter's rod buckled over and line started to dissapear off the reel, my oldest is now 5 and has joined dad on enough trips to know how it's done so i let her fight this one on her own, only giving advice now and then if i thought she needed it but to her credit she did a great job and another bream about the same size was in the net

as soon as i had re-baited the girls lines and put them out again my little girls line took off again, this time a slightly smaller model

the little bloke didn't scaore a big bream but had more than enough fun catchin mullet and little trevally, but after we called it a day and headed back to nan and pop's we walked down the back to the river and he scored his bream! pic comin soon but the satisfied smile on his face was brilliant!!!! unfortunately there was no more fishing on the trip and dad didn't get the chance to have a fish himself but them's the breaks, it was worth the drive just to watch the kids have the time of their lives catchin some pretty good fish.
    Bring on the next school holidays!!!

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Kids and fishing,its brilliant.Seeing their faces when one latches on is worth putting up with undoing the tangles,the constant chatter and unsnagging hooks.Top report.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

finally got the little man's pic to download[/IMG]

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhhh your such a good Daddy arent you !!

Good to see you getting out of work & introducing the little ones to some nice fishing!! Good on ya!! I bet ya it won't be long before they are nagging you to take them out again

Your kids a such little cuties!! You've done well
    No excuse - Just get out there and live it !!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I love seeing kids fishing my boys are just starting out nothing makes me prouder than watching them in the boat
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Cute little ones there Goob, and great effort getting them into the fishing. Always fantastic to see the smiles on their faces when they have a good day out.
    Ultralight RULES!!