Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My first Blue Samon

we had gone out for a day trip and the day didn't start real well !!!! some how the winch had snapped of the post as i was driving so we had to wait around until somewhere opened to get it welded back on hehehehehehe... after all that we launched the boat and got our live baits ( Prawns and Mullet ) and we shot off to the bridge...we got there and i put the first live bait out and started to get my second 1 ready and bang i was on with my first bait..... YOU BEAUTY
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

It was my first ever Samon so i was stoked...i had rebaited the line and put it out and all of a sudden my other line got hammered and i had a really big mullet on it ( about 20cm ) so i knew this fish was a big one and the weight in it was heavy and it was smoking my reel mmmmmm
    it had come to the boat 4 or 5 times and did not want to stop running and after 15mins of a battle with this big fella it snapped a 50 pound leader it had scuffed it and it broke hehehehe...it wasn't long and i was on again with another Samon

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

gee they put up a good fight even for smaller ones

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

i had just kicked back and all of a sudden my rod got hammered really hard again and it felt like the other big one i had lost about half hour before great stuff i have another chances to land it so i thought i would take my time and play it out... it just would not stop running and weaving all over the place and i finally got it near the boat and we still had not seen colour and the same thing happened ( SCUFFED THE LEADER ) Snapped me again hehehehehehe we think it was a really big Barra mmmmmm ?????
    but wasn't long and i was on to a smaller Barra that was a bit under size but still fun to catch

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

i ended up getting about 8 or 9 Samon for the day and the 1 Barra but a lot of the Samon were under size

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

it was such a beautiful day nice and warm and not much wind at all.... we are going back this week and i am going to get that big one again and im not coming home without it so im prob not coming home then hey hehehehe

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Mate, when you break the drought you really break the drought.

Congrats on your first and looked like a great day just being on the water.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish there mate..yea they go hard at any size..did you see any busting up any bait..or were they on the bottom..
    chewy..

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Mate, when you break the drought you really break the drought.

Congrats on your first and looked like a great day just being on the water.
    thankyou very much Blackfish for your compliments mate and yes it was a wonderful day to be fishing and boating ( i love it there is nothing i would rather be doing )

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ActiveAngler View Post
    Nice fish there mate..yea they go hard at any size..did you see any busting up any bait..or were they on the bottom..
    chewy..
    Hey Chewy thanks mate...yes even for the smaller ones they do go hard so i would love to get a big one, how big can they get ?
    No there was no bait jumping around that i had seen...
    i was fishing on the bottom but as the boat was moving with the tide and the bit of wind we were snagging up on the rocky stubble on the bottom so i changed my rig so there was no sinker just a weedless hook on the leader to keep it off the bottom and that was working a treat even with the live prawns...so they were near the surface i spose or not far off it anyway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast