Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it always great getting your first of a species. Good on ya Paul. looks like you had a great session there in some beautiful surroundings to....and it doesn't look like you've been effected buy the dust storm over there either.
    Keep those reports coming mate.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul ''come in spinner'' View Post
    .yes even for the smaller ones they do go hard so i would love to get a big one, how big can they get ?
    Paul I've only seen them up to about 2-2.5kg, but they reckon they get up to 18.5kg http://www2.dpi.qld.gov.au/fishweb/2559.html
    YIKES ....... wouldn't they go on 10kg..
    My experience with them they travel in schools, so you can certainly get a bit of hectic action when they are around.

One of my favorite photos of a Blue Salmon .... which sadly I didn't take but one of the clients took.
    (Thanks Alex S.)

I looks like its trying to see what's stuck in the corner of its mouth and causing it some concern.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Isn't it always great getting your first of a species. Good on ya Paul. looks like you had a great session there in some beautiful surroundings to....and it doesn't look like you've been effected buy the dust storm over there either.
    Keep those reports coming mate.
    it was great mate to get my first Samon thanks Joe and it was a fantastic day to go with it... the dust storm hit here but it wasn't as bad as you guys got it thank god you poor buggers!!! we are still getting a bit of it

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Blackfish WOW up to 18.5 kg oh my god yeh that would go very hard hehehehe...that size would that be open sea or could that be in the rivers as well mate? Dam that huge

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blackfish and they reckon that they can get up to 98cm long!!!! man that would go so hard mmmmm i would love to get one of them tomorrow when i go out again hehehehehehe

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Blackfish yesterday we were talking about big Samon and today we went out and got a good one that was 70cm to the end of the tail and i reckon it was about 4 to 5kgs and pretty thick set.... Man it did not want to come anywhere near the boat or net hehehehehehe fun fun fun....i forgot my camera but have photos on my phone so i have to learn how to put on computer from my phone now and i will put them up hehehehehehehehe

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like one nice Blue Salmon.

Looking forward to the photos Paul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12