Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Please sir, can i have some Moore...

The flats in Perth were coming down from a hammering from the local bream comp so we decided to make a dash for unpresured grounds. Benno rocked up at my house just before 6am and soon we were on the road north to Guilderton.

Last time we fished the Moore River we had a great session with over 40 bream kayaked between 3 of us. Nath was working so this trip it was just the two of us, more bream for us.

The conditions were different to our last visit. The water was way up high with flooded grass at the banks and the sun was shining hot. I am sizzled now. I was a little worried as a hot sun and no clouds normal equates to a quieter sesh as the bream go deep. And a quieter outing it proved to be.

When we arrived there was almost no wind. When we started to paddle the wind picked up a bit. As we paddled and made our way up river the wind increased from the east and was in our faces. It was not all bad as we used the wind to casually drift back at the end of our day just before lunch.

The bream you ask, well they bit the lures. Ben got a few just over 30 and I fared a little behind on the size issue with only one over 30. We got 11 between us with me having success on the sx40LC and angler buddy used a variety of sinking lures including Zipbaits Rigge Deep 56F and Lucky Craft Ebeer 50s.

Last edited by adidaspeteman; 14-06-2010 at 11:57 PM.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you both got a couple, but it was quite nice indoors with the airconditioning
    I should really be fishing that river alot Moore than I do, there's got to be a few bigger ones in there.
    Was the river close to breaking through at all?

Cheers Nath
    It's not about the fish, it's about fishing!

Real men wear PINK!

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish guys...is that tannin stain in the water, or is it just cloudy??

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Well one of the good things about the trip was that I could now blood my new reel - Shimano Stradic CI4 1000F, basically a very lightweight version of the stradic with a new colour scheme. It comes in at 176g making it about 45g lighter than the old Stradic and even lighter than the Stella and Fireblood 1000 size reels.

My new Stradic CI4 1000F

I managed 2 good fish on the Lucky Craft Ebeer 50s and one on the Zipbait Rigge 56S

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

The water level was actually higher than the ocean water level, but hadn't broken the bank yet. It was up about 50cm I would say from our last trip and must have risen only recently as ther grass underwater was still alive and fresh. I think the water was more Tannin stained than murky as it was quite clear in some parts - just a sandy bottom in most parts though.

Ben Hough
    Hobie Quest
    PB Snapper - 80cm, Bream - 42.5cm, Queenfish - 102cm, Longtail Tuna - 91cm (9.1kg)

Proudly working for Compleat Angler and Camping World in Nedlands and sponsored by Compleat Angler and Tairyo rods!