Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bracey View Post
    Hang in there Cambo, I know what your go'in through believe me. Can I ask you a couple of questions? Did you learn anything from your experiences catching nothing?

Did you write down where you fished, when you fished, what tides, what was the difference in the high and low tides, wind direction and speed and moon phases etc. Did you notice bait fish present, where were they? You might think I'm nuts but I rekon there would be some good guides who do the same thing after each charter, experienced and non experinced anglers can learn a lot by doing a bit of homework.

These are some of the similar questions I ask myself when fishing a Barra Impoundment. I know it sounds like a lot of work but by writting your experiences down when your hook'in in on a hot bit session or an absolute donut dredge sometimes, you'll find that soon a pattern will emerge and finding fish at various times of the year around tidal movements, moon phases etc will become easier. Just a thought mate.

I wish you the best of luck in your next session. I'm sure it'll be well worth it in the end when you finally hook up to one of those silver Barra

Cheers Dave.

Hey Dave,

Yeah mate I have been keeping a journal writing down every little detail I can think of. Trouble is I haven't been catching any to start determining a pattern.

I was pretty confident goin up to Hinchinbrook last weekend. Barometer seemed to be settling down after three weeks of crap weather up there. Wind was 5 - 10's absolutely top weather water was nice and clean. Making tides to the new moon. We marked heaps of big fish. We trolled them, used big livies nothing. I am thinking maybe it needed a couple more days just to settle after the inclement weather. Maybe?
    I am really starting to question how I am going about things. Maybe I'm just trying too hard. I am even contemplating paying someone to come out with me.

Cam

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like your doing everything right by crossing your T's and dotting your I's Cam.

At the end of the day I hope your enjoying yourself, for me that's why I fish. A bad days fishing sure as hell bets a good day at work everytime.

Are you catching any bi fish while your chasing the Barra?

Dave

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mate always enjoy my days out on the water. Would just be nice to catch something decent once in a while.

Only been catching catties, sharks and small jewies

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Cambo

It could be worse! My son hasn't stopped giving it to me since he's caught his barra.

Wadsy
    Hook in...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12