Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gazza, don't be shy, where's ya report and photo's of the trip?

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay Gazza, I'll help you out mate. I need the practice in putting YouTube video's on this site properly anyway. I've put your email photo's of your trip into a short video clip, and even included your favourite song as well......
    Shame there isn't any footage of you's dancing to it around the campfire....
    That's a hell of a nice Tuna you's got!
    Looks like a great spot and it certainly looks like you's had a great time.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmT2b6QD3Ts[/YOUTUBE]

Cheers, Andy
    Last edited by donaldcreek; 15-06-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The trip

Hi all, sorry for the delay in the report.

Firstly I would like to thank Chewy and Scotto for the good oil.

As you all saw, thanks to Andy we nailed a few on the weekend. The Tuna shot was taken on a phone camera because someone left the camera in the car.
    REPORT: Arrived at inskip about 4.30pm on the friday. After setting up and a feed walked over to the beach and pelted some chromies out and nailed about 20 tailor for bait. Prepared butterfly style with the backbone removed and sent back out on our spin gear. The night ended with three bust offs, sharks me think.

Saturday headed out in the boat over to Fraser side where some tuna were working, not many but active all the same. Couldn't get within cooee of them so decided on an old method of drifting with the current with whole, unweighted floating pilchards on gang hooks. Several hookups and bustoffs before landing a small mackeral. No wonder we couldn't stay conected. No wire leader in the boat. While we were drifting we sent some weighted baits to the bottom as well. Only result was small shark and thousands of BIG BIG Green toads. Finally after about two hours one of the floaters came alive and line was peeling of a great speed. My son trent grabbed the rod and the other two of us madly winding in the other lines. Then came the call "i'm nearly out of line". '3000' size Stradic don't hold a great deal of line. 30lb braid and only had 15lb leader. All hands on deck, started the motor and off in pursuit. 1hr 5minutes later had the tuna on board. The young bloke had blisters on his blisters from the skinny grips on the 7kg outfit. NO CAMERA &*^%. Just about to let her go when mick piped up and said anyone got there phone. So some quick phone pics and off she went. Back on the drift and a couple more bust offs, bloody mackeral and no wire.

Sunday hit the water this time with 30lb leader, camera and 8-10kg spin sticks. Several bust offs, bloody mackeral again and a small shark, but no tuna. There was plenty of action on the surface with five or six area working but probably only 5 or 6 fish in each area. They were only on the surface for about 5 seconds and gone again. Very scattered. Drifted up a couple of small fish and the one in the photoP1010825.jpg
    Any idea, Never caught one of those before. Bloody good eating though.
    Nothing else for the rest of the day. Back to camp and a feed and back to the beack. Spun up some more tailor and sent them back out butterflied but no interest. All in all a good couple of days R&R. Learnt so much from the two days and next trip will be better prepared. Bye for now and again thanks to Andy for posting the video, just a shame there wasn't more fishing pics.

SITE INFO: Inskip point/Rainbow bay. Great camping areas and cost only $5 a night. Theres a Lovely girl that attends the campsite each morning with esentials like bread, milk, bait, ice and if your running low on anything else she will happily bring that out the next morning, e.g. grog, smokes etc. You can have fires and she even brings firewood if you want it. All in all 10 out of 10, hidden paradise.
    Cheers
    Gazza

IF MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS, THEN POLITICIANS MUST BE FROM URANUS

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report Gary, but too bad about all the bust offs.
    And thanks for the video clip Andy....Nice work! its good to see you've got it all worked out now.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Gary.

I think that fish in the pic is a small Scarlet Sea-Perch.
    They are good eating but I'd be very careful eating a fish in future if you don't know what it is.
    You're lucky you didn't catch a Red Bass, they're a known carrier of ciguatera!

Cheers, Jeff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12