Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default report from the Brissy Riv. last week

Hi Guys,

I registered here a while ago but haven't made any reports, get so busy with multiple forums but I'll throw the latest up,

Had a late friday night session with steve in his poly last week, just a bit of tagging.
    weather was horrible with light rain all night and a bone chilling breeze but we stuck through it, wasn't heaps of action but our lures found their way into some mouths eventually.

first drifts over the first spot saw each of us get hit 5 times and nobody hookup it was embarassing lol. Would probably have been a school of small snapper all fighting over the lures but missing the largeish hooks, but anyway we got tired of not hooking up and moved spot

first fish was a decent bream at 36cm tip 33 fork, a few 40's snappas and a tailor as well. No jew yet and no decent snaps so was feeling pretty ruff at this point.

made a bit of a move and finally got a very nice wack on a deepthroater and the fish had plenty of weight, pulled hooks after a few good tail beats though. dropped the lure back and got another hit, not as big this time but stayed connected to a 63cm jew

put in a few more casts and got taken on the drop, a sharp run toward structure under freespool was halted with some thumb work and a 67cm jew was boated soon after

things went a bit quiet. so i threw a threadybuster very close to structure from an awkward angle, cast to the up current corner with a fair bit of movement and 2m under the surface the lure got taken on a screaming run, no hit no warning just high speed zeds

more thumb work and as the 25lb imx bent to the handle the fish turned and ran under the boat, gained 3m and lost 10m a few times and after 3 or 4 runs a solid 110 thready was boatside with plenty of kick still in

tag in quickly and time for a dodgy photo (fish was pretty aggro and kicked out of the normal hold hence the underarm cradle) before spearing over the side (no bladder inflation and instantly kicked off)

called it a night early in the morning with nobody at the ramp cause it was still raining

cheers
    Dan

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your report, and well done on a good sesh.
    Are you involved in a tagging programme of some sort, and have you caught any tagged fish yourself?

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report thanks Dan.What ramp are U guys using with the pinky out of action, please. Cheers Dids

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys.

two utes, i'm tagging through the suntag program at www.info-fish.net run by Bill and Shirley Sawynok.

using Colmslie at the moment Dids, bit of an annoying detour being that I live just down the ICB away from pinky but thats life lol.

Cheers
    Dan

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely king thready you got there, my wife caught a smaller version last week and it gave a great fight. They are a magnificant looking fish.
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Something special about threadies.

Got that mysterious feel to them like a big jew.

Great fish boys.

Pete