Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunny Coast in winter?

Hey all, I'm going to spend a week or so up the sunny coast of solid fishing around late June / early July. I'm not scared to target some bream, however just wondering without the jacks and other summer species, what should I set about targeting on the heavier stuff? as I know it's not the best area for Jew.. I've heard mixed things about Trevally and winter, I'm pretty keen for some tailor to. So is it even worth late night fishing in the sunny coast rivers for big Trev's and tailor? I know it's a fairly noob question but it's buggin me abit, ill put up a report of how I go when I get back. All replies welcome, Cheers.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Good numbers of Flatties have been getting caught in the Pumestone and in rivers further north. Jewies have been schooling out the front of these rivers, but undersized and a few bream not of any size have been caught in there usual hide outs from reports. Tailor are also showing up on north shore of Maroochy and the open beaches of Teewah, Double Island.

On the fresh seen Borumba dam has been fishing pretty good with Saratoga around the 60cm mark being caught, Bass are schooling up in the main basin with fish being caught around the 35 to 40 cm, so too in Lake MacDonald however the Bass are much smaller in size.

Listen into Nuggets fishing radio programme on at 5am on Saturday mornings on 4BC to give you up to date fishing reports.

Good luck and tight lines when your on the coast.

Dave
    Last edited by Bracey; 11-06-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Whereabouts on the Sun Coast pinkey?, 'cos I can only give advise in relation to the Noosa River. Which atm is firing!
    I wouldn't put too much faith in Nuggets reports, or any of the tv fishing reports for that matter.

Jeff.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Dave, the fresh sounds like a good option, but don't have a boat. I'll have to try abit of tailor spinning.

Jeff, most likely fishing the Mooloolah river and surroundings. Might make a trip or 2 up to Noosa In search of some Trev's if Mooloolah fails. But pretty keen on the Mooloolah mainly due to the huge number of landbased spots and top breaming it offers, and have had success there in the past. So when you say firing, I'm assuming with Trevally and Tailor? Hoping the moloolah is alive with them to. Not afraid to put the time in early morning, and night sessions. I know some nice spots that were kind to me in summer but I have a fear that they will be shut down in winter. Thanks

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mate mainly GT's, some Cale Cale and a few Diamonds around.
    Been some Tailor in the mid 60's, Flathead have been good also and there's been quite a few Jew around too, the majority are unders, but the size is getting there. Pretty consistent in the high 60's and low 70's now.

You should do alright in the Mooloolah mate, like you say, plenty of Tailor on the beaches.

Good luck mate.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I fished for about two hours this morning from about 930-1130 and caught the following:

2x tailor (landed 2, dropped 2 and bitten off by 1)
    1x Luderick
    1x Pike
    1x Flatty
    3x Random unknown dropped fish

Best it's been in a while.

Don't be scared to target jewies in the river, they should be around even if not in big numbers.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Good one mate, was this the maroochy or moloolah? I have heard of good jew and tailor stocks in the Maroochy but not the Mooloolah. Any size to the tailor?

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

DON'T BE SCARED.... The saying gets around these days.

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mKs View Post
    Just like that furry hat

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkey View Post
    Good one mate, was this the maroochy or moloolah? I have heard of good jew and tailor stocks in the Maroochy but not the Mooloolah. Any size to the tailor?
    Maroochy.. Can't say I've ever caught a tailor or a jewie in the mooloola.

Quote Originally Posted by mKs View Post
    Is there some origin to that that I am not aware of?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast