Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Default more river fishin'

Have been a bit busy and not on the forums as much this week, so here is a late report from the weekend

headed downriver as per the norm and threw some vibes around (again, as per the norm lol)

found action instantly on a couple of jew in the 73-74cm range, taken on 2nd and 3rd cast respectively:

Soon after got stuck into a few decent sized vermin:

some not so decent sized vermin:

and capped the night off with a nice treddie taken halfway down the water column:

Was a pretty cold night but the wind held off well enough. I still had a bit of a cold hence the paper towels on the casting deck
    all fish released and in good condition, no need to dropline the threadfin as he/she was only 5m or so down and 25lb IMX > threadfin
    Cheers
    Dan

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Dan, that fifth photo looks like your pulling the fish out of the washing machine!

Cheers dids

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice as usual Dan, I threw the original Robzam's around today for a while. No hits , it was pretty quiet.

Is that a Bigeye there do you think???
    It might be the angle of the photo, but it's head looks very pointed making me think it's something other than a Bigeye Trev??.

Jeff.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeff it didn''t look like a big-eye to me in person. Didn't look deep enough in the body and the bigeyes i've caught have all been a slightly darker/golder colour

so yeah not really sure, could be any of a thousand different trevs lol

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Some decent tailor there dan. Popped into the river after a shocker at mud on fri arvo and got a jew first drop and missed two others within 20 mins. Lil buggers are thick. Cheers. Keith