Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Afternoon on the Straights

With all the Brissie crew catching jew & threadies we thought we should have a look in the Mary & Straights on Sunday afternoon. Dan arranged a few of his "Thready Busters" for me to run - so we hit the Heads at around 2pm.

We fished a number of spots with great conditions - but things where pretty quite. We finished the day down around Ungowa where my mate Nath had a heavy hit with big head shakes - the fish then ran to the surface producing big boils !

Naths heart was in his mouth as we thought he had connected with a big salty & it was about to jump - rather it dived & dogged it out for the next 5 min's -

You know you live in a great location - when your disappointed with a Goldy like this

Any tips on how to fish plastics for the threadies down Brissie way appreciated

So many fish - Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice goldy mate. Awesome spot there. Did he hook it in tight in the bad stuff or out wider? Hopin to get back up there in the next couple of weeks.
    Cheers. Keith

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Scotto, looked like it was a nice arvo down there.

Andrew

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

wow nice golden.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Golden boys!
    Did you get it on the "threadybuster" Scott?

Wish we got them that size in the Noosa.

Jeff.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Keith - It went hard in along the first ledge - which had us thinking it was a salty

Jeff - It ate a 100 mm Squidgy fish - I was using a Thready buster all afternoon for one small micro flathead & a mosses
    So many fish - Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one boys well done

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Arvo scotto your new weapon is awsome mate far better than i expected Bloody goldie iam sure he was talkin to the barra down there and thought he would give them a laugh
    Catch them photoghraph them throw them back

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done a mate got a 95cm golden in front of maaroom last week as well but he got an 80cm 1 roughly where you got yours late last year as well

shane

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish mate.. im looking at heading up that way end of october start of november. We have been trying to decide to camp in Hervey bay ( keen to fish roy rufus) or camp down at Maaroom. Is the fishing better up in the bay or just as good down in Maaroom? some local advice would be great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast