Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Macquarie 18/19/20th june

Hey everyone, just got back from fishing an ABT bream tourny at lake macquarie. headed up early friday morn and arranged to meet up with Mick Baker to have a fish on the lake as i hadn't fished there since i was a teenager. it was a top day on the water (especially since thursday was awful down here) and we fished the channel at swansea. almost on our first drift we had what we think were salmon busting up everywhere, so we threw everything in the tacklebox at them with no luck, so we anchored up and put some baits out the back. didn't take long and a nice little bream came aboard. we moved around a bit and had a bit of a look around, Mick is a top fisho and was more than happy to show me around and give any pointers he could, which were many. i had a great day and would like to thank Mick for his help.
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    and Mick in action
    [/IMG]

saturday came around and the tourny started, i fished the first day with a top bloke named ross in his 20ft I-class skeeter, on the way to our first spot for the day we had a top speed of 79 mph, jaysus it was a quick boat , we fished in 8ft of water all day in the south arm of the lake with plastics, he used lobby's and i mainly used berkley "jigger craws" that i got in from the states. we were into fish straight away and he had his bag of 5 in about 45 minutes, i could only pull 3 from the back of the boat but one was a cracker at 1.29kg taken on 2lb line
    [/IMG]
    i was sitting in 7th place after day one with a weight of 1.97kg and was feeling confident going into day two, especially since my day 2 boater said we wouls fish the same bay again in his 17ft triton, but on our way to the bay his outboard died and we had to pull the pin and head back to the start line under electric motor and didn't fish at all
    all up though it was a great weekend away, thanks to mick baker for friday, i had a great day and we'll have to hit those fletty's in summer mate.

cheers clint

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Onya Clint, that's a bloody nice bream mate, 1.29kg is a thumper, makes it even sweeter on spider web.
    Bad luck about your second day hey, especially when you were in with a show. Thems the breaks.

Jeff.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

thnx ffej, my boater kept telling me he was sorry, but like i said to him, "that's boats for ya, sh1t happens"

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff Gooby, and good work Mick on sharing your knowledge. Your second day effort reminds me of my Jackoff experiences, third year lucky I hope!

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the AA boys getting together for a fish

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there, Clint, Sorry to hear about your day two result.I really thought you were in with a great chance.It was a real pleasure to meet up and fish with you.We will certainly have a crack at the big flatties around Nov. Dec. My new Egrell arrived while were out fishing and looks and feels terrific. I am going to try that lure fishing for bream caper with it.
    Cheers,Mick

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

thnx again mick, looking forward to it, i bet you'll put them slams to good use mate

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a fine bream mate but bummer about the motor carking it on the second day..
    Have you got a pic of the berkley jigger craws?
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Great work Goob, cracker of a bream you got there!

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry pete, don't have a pic of them, but here's the link to bass pro where i get them from
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast