Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done fejjy, nice trevs. Do I miss your jack report? I thought you said you were on the board already?

Nothing biting up my way. The baitfish seem to have disappeared.

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Utes View Post
    Nice session Jeff. There's no way you're going to see those species down here in Melbourne (if you end up moving) But at least you'll be closer to your beloved Tigers....things are looking better in Tiger land
    I will be closer to Tigerland, I might time it right for a Premiership year Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    Well done fejjy, nice trevs. Do I miss your jack report? I thought you said you were on the board already?

Nothing biting up my way. The baitfish seem to have disappeared.
    No Andrew, you didn't miss my Jack report..............I didn't do one!
    Been a lot of winter Jacks caught here though, a real eye-opener, different theories are seeming to be justified.

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Im starting to think that the juveniles DONT travel to the reef in winter, they just stay up the creeks and feed a lot less in winter. Maybe they only feed under certain weather conditions, and those conditions have been more favourable this year. I still think its to do with el nino and la nina changes.

I was watching a 60cm jack in a large aquirium tank at H Bay reefworld last weekend at feeding time. He was in the main tank with barra, cod, tarwhine, sharks, etc.They were about to throw in a bucket of dead mullet, and I said to the missus 'watch the jack, hes gonna go ballistic' but he actually didnt seem interested in the food, while the other species went crazy at feed time. the guy who owns the tank says he just doesnt feed much while the water temp is down. Go Figure.......he also didnt use much energy swimming, he was more drifting around.

He also said he used to have a bigger jack, but the golden trevally ganged up on it and killed it!!

All food for thought to fuel the therories.

cheers
    Andrew

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a lot of fun there Jeff!!

I think we have like 26 different species of Trevally here in Oz. I wonder how many you've caught!??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12