Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some recent Hervey Bay Fishin

Our niece Jess visited us again in September with our initial plans of traveling the WET centre spoiled due to flooding out West. A quick decision was made to spend a week up at lake Awonga for a bit of barra fishing. Unfortunately the rain moved east & we struggled at Awonga with only 3 fish for our efforts at 95,& 2 x 98cm.

Upon returning to Hervey Bay we struck a lovely day to head up the Island for some whale watching & a bit of fishing.

Called past the 6 mile on teh way up to see if there where any tuna about & came across a good school of Mac Tuna.

Jess managed two straight up while Steve took a little longer to get back into "tuna mode"

We pushed on up the Island stopping in to watch a few hump backs playing with their calves. With such a lovely afternoon I decided to shoot up to the Rooneys to see if we could finish with a couple of Snapper. We marked a few patches of bait & after a few drifts managed two nice fish & busted a good one off

I also had the pleasure of fishing with Dr Ben Diggles ( http://www.digsfish.com/ ) . Ben was keen for some creek fishing & we had a great day exploring the Great Sandy Straights.

With a bit of warm weather we started out in search of Golden Trevally on the flats but unfortunately didn't come across any. We did have a huge qld grouper swim with us for a while in a few metres of water & manged half a dozen tasty calamari. With a rising tide we pushed up a few creeks and managed a couple of nice Jacks which was a pleasant surprise

Great way to christen my new Shimano Stradic CI4 3500 loaded with Power Pro Braid. I have just started using the Power Pro braid & believe it is the best I have used to date. It is like a cross between woven & fused braids & casts fantastic, knots easily & has given me no problems so far ..............

There is just So much water to explore down through the Straights & So little Time ....................

Regards Scotto
    So Many Fish - So little time !

I Proudly support the following companies: Shimano, G.Loomis, The Haines Group, Scientific Anglers, Abel Reels, Lowrance

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Just love the diversity, and all the different fishing options/opportunity.
    Thanks for the insight!

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like loads of fun. Some great fish there.
    Can't wait to get amongst the jacks again...
    Is that a Polycraft you are in?
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Red,

Check out the below link. Its not a poly but a Haines 485SF.

http://www.activeangler.com.au/forum...ead.php?t=6245

Sweet boat.

Scotto, some great fish there as usual. Will have to get up there and go for a spin some time. Still tossing up what to do and get.

Cheers

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Love ya work Scott.You always give Jess and Steve a good time mate.Gotta love the Straits hey.
    Paulo
    "Its Five o'Clock Somewhere"...........(Jimmy Buffet).

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

awsome sessions there mate top stuff

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Grat fish there mate. Keen to get back into some red boys now.
    Cheers. keith

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

can't wait to get up there at the end of the year! Nice work on the report

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Scotto...

You'll have to excuse my Southern trouty ignorance, but what's the fish that Dr Diggles is holding? Looks like a cross between a bream and one of those Japanese sea bream....

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a nice little Grunter there Beevor, get more common the further north you go.

Dusty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast