Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Take 2.....Down to the backing this time

Another Pop this afternoon and a similar result.

Many casts went in this arvo but when the fish showed they all seemed to be really good quality fish.I had a pack chase down my popper today with quite a few fish in it.

Another top fight in the hard flowing water and I got down to my backing this time.....lucky not many boats were around otherwise I would have had some trouble.

Fish went 62cm.

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Jease Pete your all over them at the mo. Well done again mate.
    Steve

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Pete.. Mate.. *drool*

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

What they said......

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Down to petes backing. Have you gone soft mate? Top stuff. Might pollute your waterway over the next coupla weeks with the filthy ranga.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Creek Vermin View Post
    Down to petes backing. Have you gone soft mate? Top stuff. Might pollute your waterway over the next coupla weeks with the filthy ranga.
    Im getting soft alright..!!....Been soft ever since the birth of our second child........Well really its no longer funny to tell ya the truth.
    Come up Keith...some good fish kicking around.

Pete

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

good one pete, be good to tag a few and see if they end up caught out wide some day. how far out are they hitting ya and is there much bait around getting worked up

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

:O!! do you prefer late arvo over early morning for the GT's? or just fish it because its so much easier :P

I had a go this arvo and only got the one about 40cm on a shallow x-rap 8, missed one good fish on a sammy, thats the only size I can seem to find.. all of my GT's have been like 35 - 45cm apart from one 58cm one I got a coupla years back.

Keep making the most out of this bite and show us a 70

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pinkey View Post
    :O!! do you prefer late arvo over early morning for the GT's? or just fish it because its so much easier :P

I had a go this arvo and only got the one about 40cm on a shallow x-rap 8, missed one good fish on a sammy, thats the only size I can seem to find.. all of my GT's have been like 35 - 45cm apart from one 58cm one I got a coupla years back.

Keep making the most out of this bite and show us a 70
    Pinkey...I have always preferred the arvo's for trevally....The arvos seem to fish well here.

Kev....alot of bait around...While fighting that one another chased some bait right up on the bank....Chased some good size bait but I didnt see what they were.

Pete

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I fished last night and had a blinder in terms of numbers but the size didn't get far over 40, was a funny session really.. went to castnet some livies and looked out the window of my car into a dead end canal to see the surface exploding. Pulled up and proceeded to catch 18 bigeye's, 1GT and 1 tarpon. Left them biting and took some livies to another spot and didn't catch a thing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast