Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, yes, it'll be good to see what the technology is like in the future for sounders. Not too long ago people used paper print-out models to see the depth!

Luke, yeah, those fish in the profile pic are from Faust - they were from a crazy night session where we even had a triple hook-up on metre+ fish!

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome stuff fellas. Love the baitfish shot. Would love to get me one of those to work out what some of the crusty spots are that I fish. Do you have any troubs with the enormous transducer? Bit worried bout it hanging off a 4 metre tinny, with the roosta tail?
    Cheers. keith

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cy and Kerrin Taylor View Post
    Ha ha, yes, it'll be good to see what the technology is like in the future for sounders. Not too long ago people used paper print-out models to see the depth!

Luke, yeah, those fish in the profile pic are from Faust - they were from a crazy night session where we even had a triple hook-up on metre+ fish!
    Yeah, thanks, I was still using my FG200 paper sounder early last year, still in working order - only seems like yesterday that I bought it (still got the receipt). Have got a Garmin 550s now to sort out the green zones.

3Macks

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

That's quite amazing you've used that model up till so recently. Sounds like it had a long life!

Keith, we have the structure scan mounted on a 4.2m tinny and it works well. Here's a shot of the transducers - the long one is the structure scan and it scans out left, right and down. The other transducer is for normal sonar.

If you mount the transducers right they'll read the depth while on the plane and won't create a rooster tail.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostNearBribie View Post
    That is awesome boys, thank for posting.
    Snodge is going to love those shots...
    oh man to get the 798 showing like that... I think I might let the Mrs cast at Mondy while I play with the settings all day until I get it right.
    Thanks Boys
    Finally got one

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Awesome shots!! But I think I'd rather not know they're there
    I don't know how I'm going to cope in our travels when we get to snapping handbag country, they freak the hell out of me
    Cheers Kim
    Just make Roo get ur lures off the snags Kimmy...
    Finally got one

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Fella's,
    Thanks for throwing these pics up, its unreal seeing the stadard of what I should be trying to achieve on my unit.
    What head unit are you running? I am using a HB798 (big rooster tail) and although I have no trouble identifying laydown timber and trees etc, I have been unable to set it up to get picks like that, even tho both companies SI are supposedly of fairly similar quality.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Finally got one

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Some great shots there. Just starting to work mine out. A big learning curve.

No problems with rooster tail on mine either and reading bottom at 20+knots

Lowrance as well.

Regards

Trev

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome shots there Cy and Kerrin, the crocodile ones are crazy!
    Cheers
    Tony

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi There Cy and Kerrin,Incredible shots.I can't believe the clarity and detail.I will need to have a serious play around with my HB 797 C2 si to see what I can come up with now that I know what is possible.
    By the way, if anybody is contemplating a purchase in the near future you may be interested in the news that HB have just brought out a new series 898 cxSI to fill the gap between the 700 and 900 range. RR is $2699. It has a wider screen plus all the regular features.
    Cheers,Mick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast