Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The apprentice out does his master.

Hi AA's,

Took my boy for a fish today around Donnybrook. If it was just me I would have pulled the pin after about a hour (crappy wind and still very dirty water).

Anyway after about 3 hours of battling with the wind I said ok one more spot before home time. By this stage Darcy is getting the dirts as he hasn't caught a fish yet.

Low and behold whilst Darcy is hooking into some chips his rod buckles and just about goes out of the boat.

DAD DAD I've got something whilst he's winding like mad with the drag screaming lol. with a little coaching and poor netting by dad in comes a 58cm jewy.
    Even dad hasn't caught a jew yet. So for the next 20min all I got was I caught a jew and you havent.
    To top it right off i didn't even catch a thing.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

As you can see all this was done without the leccy the bloody thing blew a circuit board on my non eventful trip on Saturday Arvy.

Oh I forgot to say he just about died when I showed him how to release it. He looked up with a half a liter of water on his face. lol

neil
    Last edited by Kleyny; 24-10-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice work little man!!!! Obviously Dad has taught you well.....

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Classic mate. The release does take them a while to get used too.
    Red

Fish Well, Fish Egrell

Red@redmandesigns.com.au

FishLife Magazine - best mag around
    Red@fishlife.tv

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Neil, I fished Donny from about 3pm till dark with my brother, we got nothin. I hooked what felt like a 25cm flaty in the last hour or so , but even it came off. Very ordinary. I thought we'd score big time, to much fresh I guess.
    Congrats to your son, gota tell ya I was about 30 years older than him before I got my first jewy. Top stuff.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Top Fish.!!

I never caught a Jew till I was about 18 yrs old...

Pete

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Didley View Post
    Hi Neil, I fished Donny from about 3pm till dark with my brother, we got nothin. I hooked what felt like a 25cm flaty in the last hour or so , but even it came off. Very ordinary. I thought we'd score big time, to much fresh I guess.
    Congrats to your son, gota tell ya I was about 30 years older than him before I got my first jewy. Top stuff.
    I passed you (i think) when you were just heading out. I gave you a wave but I dont think you saw me.

I havent done that bad in a long time I can only put it down to the fresh. You could still see were boats had been long after the boat was out of sight.

neil

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kleyny View Post
    I passed you (i think) when you were just heading out. I gave you a wave but I dont think you saw me.

I havent done that bad in a long time I can only put it down to the fresh. You could still see were boats had been long after the boat was out of sight.

neil
    Ok, missed you, did have my eye out 4 ya. Must of been doing something, my brother was driving so might have been him you waved to. Come to think of it there was a boat coming in as we went out, I remember saying to my bro head 4 that boat going around the red beacon. Hmmmm.
    Yeah I thought we'd do well, I thought the flatties would have been washed out of the creeks and all around there, but no such luck.

Barramundi
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you looked a little different. lol
    I even tried near the bridge on Sat arvo for one 1 flatty and 1 bream.
    On the plus side I think I found a new spot, will have to try it when the water gets a little better.