Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack fishos?

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post

Theres a 65 on AF claiming to be caught in a GC river.
    69 actually Gecko, and a cobia in the same spot. I don't think there fishing up Tully creek or something Mate, not one to be taken to seriously I don't think.
    I think the bait being around the mouths is telling Ffej. We just need a little time to restore the upper reaches I think, water temps not to bad, 25+???

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the others mate, big floods, lots of overcast weather its all affecting how often they get into their feeding frenzies I think. although like as you said, you got to be in it to win it!! I am thinking about a mid week fish down the GC way sometime in the next 2 weeks if you interested

I went out Saturday morning for another try at them with a mate. we only got 2 small cod and 2 bream (one bream I got was a corker at 38cms).was looking like a great morning but none of the usual spots produced anything?? in fact ALL fish came from spots we often go past!!

cheers
    Brandon...

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I am thinking about a mid week fish down the GC way sometime in the next 2 weeks if you interested
    Count me as a no thanks, but let me know, and I may get there, I'm keen. Does that make any sense.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Slow start for me as well fellas. Been twice since the JO, A few fish, but nothing worthy of a mention. Been trying everything.......livies, deadies, plastics, HB's. Very tough work at present. Need the stability back.

Cheers,

Greg

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

G'DAY Greg, good to hear from u here mate

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dids, you know what they say.........better late than never.........

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

def been a bit slow dids. Have been hooking some corkers but either pulling hooks or gettin dusted. Bait is pushin well upstream now and the bream have been a bit of a saviour on most trips. Even the cod have been slow. I reckon its about one jack hit for every 100-200 throws! Need a good hot week to fire em up i reckon. Water temp wont budge!

Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if there is any link between the seasons...but our run of sailfish back in April and again (but better) in September this year was a return to "normal mooloolaba" seasons of 7-10 years ago. In recent years they just havent shown up. It will be very interesting to see if the little black marlin follow their old pattern and turn up in good numbers around Christmas.

Maybe no link to the jacks just a thought. Would be interesting to see if any one has kept any stats for alot of years on jacks caught at what time of year.

As for my Jack season so far....well last summer I caught one..so not catching one in a few trips so far this season is pretty much standard for me!

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Managed my PB a couple of months ago. Lately I've been catching more than this time last year, but they're all small.

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

I have caught zip in the seaway so far.. also had 2 dedicated trips up the coomera for one dust up... by no means a expert but would normally expect to have caught a couple here and there.. thank god for undersize jewies in the seaway at the moment btu thing s should be on the improve down here.... the bait has just started to push in the seaway over the weekend... Went for flick near sundale bridge yesterday and best surface session so far this summer... only little but still fun..

As others have said think the boys would have been pretty close to the front with the 69 jack.. on a side note people have caught cobia under the powerlines near the logan??? makes you think sometimes!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast