Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! Poppers81,
    Good story and good pic. Don't frett too much - my belief is that most folks taking the trouble to belong to this site and for a few visitors looking in they would have a guinine passion for fishing and when lucky enough to latch on something a bit special (like you did) most would catch and release.

Cheers - Gilly
    Gilly ex Top End now Sunshine Coast

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I wouldn't worry too much about the folks on AA. This place seems to be one of the last few unspoiled fisherperson's internet based retreats.

Poppers - If you feel like some company flicking around there when you're back up here let me know.. Happy to meet you there without any directions being shared so you know I'm not just afer 'your' spot.

Consider also trying the fresh(er) side you were talking about.. Saw some interesting 'acivity' when I drove past yesterday.

RE: Being a little too excited and sharing a little too much.. I think we've all done that at one point or another.. 'My' giant herring spot has been fished too hard since I made that mistakes around a year ago. I don't bother anymore.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chamelion View Post
    Just before anyone prematurely jumps down my throat.. I have no issue with people keeping a feed of fish. I just feel that keeping fish that can be considered rare for an area is plan, outright lunacy, when so much fun could be had by the catching and releasing of them.

Matt.
    My thoughts exactly Matt,

I got up this morning at 3.30am as I couldn't sleep and took the 25km trek to the mouth of the canal system looking for an elusive Jack but had no joy. I have some other favourite spots that I like to flick a lure there as well but couldn't raise a scale. Matt the water even at the mouth is still very brackish and further up the canals it's all fresh and this was with an incoming tide. I even had a look at Bells Ck and it seems to be the same there.

Tea colour indeed, just boil and drink!

Andy I would have been just, if not more excited. I bet ya that afternoon will be locked in the memory bank for a while.

Dave

Blue Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

The only salt I have been able to find (short of the ocean) has been the Maroochy between the mouth and picnic point and currimundi lake mouth area. The latter was a beautiful blue yesterday morning.

Striped Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Greta effort mate, Awesome to see them down that far south

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm really suprised sunshine coast is still fresh , the gold coast is fine and clear as ever, i'd still be hitting it as much as you would if it was clear.

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that bridge your under I lived in pelican most my teen years. I was so airports when matt told me about this today. Well done I hope there was a breeding female lost :0. As crazy as the idea sounds I wish it would deploy a few babies.

Mooloolah and currimundai seem of cleared up. Caloundra still looks rubbish though for some reason.

Just realised my first post. Long time browser

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

awesome Andy, great little salty, that came thru an afternoons casting - nice one
    "Remember - pain is temporary, glory is for ever, and chicks dig scars!"

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard work paid off Andy. Good stuff.
    Steve
    Finally got one

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm my phone auto corrected spunout into airports :s. I can't edit my post ;p

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast