Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Richmond Surface 13/2

Arrived at about 5am and fished until about 9am. We caught heaps of Bream on surface walkers at the porpoise wall, the biggest was 38cm.
    2 highlights-

We heard a bit of a commotion, turned around and saw a small stingray jump out of the water and a bull shark in hot pursuit, there was a big thrashing on the surface and the river is one stingray less now!

we were casting at the wall about 15 meters from it and a boat comes roaring up, slows down, then passes between us and the wall then speeds off again??????

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice Sean, sounds like a great morning out!
    There are some dead set units out there on the water. We've had an almost identical situation up here on the Tweed. Ours was 2 young teenagers towing their mate on a knee board between us and the rock wall.(also about 15m apart)
    Homeless, jobless and living out of a car..........bring on the good life

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't get away from them. I fish the Pin at least 2 times a year and I think that it will be good to get back to Cairns but it is just the same here.
    3Macks

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me about it, only today we were fishing out the front of the inlet (Cairns) with no-one in sight, casting lures to the bank. A guy approached in his tinny, watched us for five minutes, then moved in and threw his cast net 20 mtrs from us. Wouldn't normally give a shit, but it was in the direction we were working towards. And the bugger watched us first. Even asked how we were going, shove it up your hoop you inconsiderate *#!* was the answer!

Cheers,
    Dusty

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

That would give me the shiza! That 38 would have been a ball yeah? What lure were you using on the surface?
    Bream chasing addict of tackle and all things fishy...

Raw Pawn
    Post Thanks / Like

river 2 sea bubble pop about 65mm???? In the yellowy brown colour (My terminology is top class!!! haha)