Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default shown up once again.... + my first report here :P

Krysten( my super fantastic extraordinary girlfriend ) and i hit the mooloolah river on hope of catching a trev or two. Started off really slow with only one fish a big butter bream but unfortunately hooked it in the eye . After doing a couple more drifts and trying a couple other plastics i got a solid hit from a grunter on a 120mm wriggler. couple of other decent bream hits went by but no solid hookups

Couple more drifts went by and i heard krysten going AARRGGHHHHHH!!! what was that im on!!!!!!..... then the Trevar finally realised it was hooked and went for alot of big spirited runs. I sometimes get passed the rod if she if she dosnt want to lose it but held on DohDohDohDohting her self because of the raw power of the fish in its runs. About 5 minutes later i could see the silver flash of the fish a few meters under us and i quickly netted it. Measured 42cm pretty sure its a t-leaf trev? not bad for 4lb braid 6lb leader she keeps rubbing it in hmmm

Didnt hang around to much after that was it was very hot and we were hungry. I am glad she landed this fish as she has hooked upto a few before but the fish always ran to the pylons. She finally see's why i like fishing so much once you feel some decent power of such a small creature.

Here is my effort