Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where do i collect the 50+ jack club membership card?

Woke up this morning with one thing on my mind FISHING. Krysten was working today so up i got and loaded up the boat. Tested sounder it wont work had a quick play with it but couldnt fix it. Got down to the ramp and went ugh braid scissors where are they ( quick dash to a tackle shop and got a pair ). Finally launched the boat in some gross looking water . Spent way to many casts trying to find fish changing plastics etc etc. Plenty of little bream hits but no trevs .

Finaly found a plastic that attracted more attention with two hook ups in a row then dropped fish . a little tinnie came roaring passed right where i was flicking :\.

So i shot of to the other side of the little river to another rocky ledge about 2 casts into it i was on. Big time.. It ran straight for the jetti but i some how turned the fish. Lots of head shakes and massively powerful runs. I knew it wasnt a trev but had no idea what it was. about 10 minutes later a big red fish came up to the surface and i was shocked to see the size of this jack. Soon as it came up it pelted straight back down. I had the fish securely but everytime it saw the net it would bolt. WAY WAY to hard with one person. Finally got it into the net !

Fumbled around for my camera and realized i left it in the car only iphone pics. Wish i got one of me holding it. It was so fat and healthy!. Had plenty of life in it pretty much swam off straight away to hopefully give someone else a good run for there money.

Finally heard my ci4 scream for Mersey and the luvias rod bending like it should :P. Was spooled with 5lb powerpro and 6lb nitlon leader using a 3" pearl watermelon minnow.

p.s sorry for the huge rambling post i am still rather excited.

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

fat red fish there, good work on that gear......
    Experience is something you dont get until
    just after you need it.

Staff
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work mate, Welcome to the 50 club.

Cheers Dids

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Not rambling at all and it was a good read. Congrats on the fat healthy jack. Must have given you a few hairy moments as well. I have been dusted off heaps and yet to land my first red successful and to read about you landing it alone with light gear, hats off to you!

Nice work mate.

glenn
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a very nice fish Adam, and you have every right to be excited. I get that way on any decent fish.
    Steve
    Finally got one

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the hairyest moment was trying to get it into the net the speed of these guys when they get there heads down in crazy.

I called it a day about 10 minutes after this fish. I thought i would finish on a very high note.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 004dam View Post
    I found the hairyest moment was trying to get it into the net the speed of these guys when they get there heads down in crazy.
    While you managed to stay connected, it was the same scenario when I dropped mine
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Good lookin' Jack mate, nice fish.

Well done!

Black Marlin
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice look'in fish, yep it's certainly a good shade of red. always good fun on light gear.

Glad you were able to finally net it.

Cheers Dave

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a bow - that is a nice jack ....... well done

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast