Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Threaded View

Coral Trout
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    Hi everyone. First time poster here long time watcher.The pros are netting some barra around the place. I was sent a photo fo 1.2 tonnes of barra in a pro boat a couple of weeks ago, but this came from the narrows and i am sure they will be the fitzroy strain. I think there are barra everywhere at the moment anyway as i have been getting them in the calliope a regularly lately. I am tossing up whether to head down the boyne tomorrow or chase a few salties locally. A few bigger fish would be nice.
    The fish that are left seem to be around the 90s year class if you intend to fish the mouth be prepared to share......
    "For some people in our society, retirement is a tragedy. It's the end of their being productive and contributing something. We need productivity from everyone who is capable of contributing. Fishing is my vehicle, and I plan to keep going as long as I'm physically able."