Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the ActiveAngler.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Giant Trevally
    Post Thanks / Like

got a few here ben if ya wanna try them out.
    Finally got one

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Might take ya up on that offer thanks
    Ben..

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

4" Atomic Prong and Jackall Vibes have been working well for me. Anything that send vibration is bound to get the jewie... and threadie very interested.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ben

Before they became available in Australia a bloke I used to run into down the ramp in Sydney - was having pretty good success on the Hollowbellies when fishing for Jews in the Georges river.

Another lure that works is the Trans am ...... though they are pricey ($30) - with a cheaper option the thready buster ($22).

Chris

Life is too short - live everyday as if it is your last ...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed Danners has a new range/model just released that looks berry berry interesting....... Anyone had a fish with them yet? I have had a fair bit of fun on the tbuster.. If you wanna chuck a snorkel on you can have a couple of mine... Just swim about 100 north along the seaway pipeline.. Lol .. Could be a feisty Jewie with one as a lip piercing if your game as well.

Cheers Andy.

Sailfish
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poppers81 View Post
    I noticed Danners has a new range/model just released that looks berry berry interesting....... Anyone had a fish with them yet? I have had a fair bit of fun on the tbuster.. If you wanna chuck a snorkel on you can have a couple of mine... Just swim about 100 north along the seaway pipeline.. Lol .. Could be a feisty Jewie with one as a lip piercing if your game as well.

Cheers Andy.
    Pretty sure they will be hitting the shelves soon. I bumped into Dan a few weeks ago at TWH and was able to check out the new design. Looked pretty good and definitely a cheaper and stronger alternative to the Trans Am. I believe he is doing extensive testing on them atm.
    I go fishing not to find myself but to lose myself...

Tarpon
    Post Thanks / Like

The threadybuster cleaned up the jew for sure, if there is any secret to fishing this type of lure it is knowing they are designed to catch fish as they fall to the bottom, in deep water thats a big plus as the fish can be anywhere, the lures swim up as you crank but more importantly swim down or glide like a prawn depending on model and thats where dan puts a lot of work into the balances

the new barra range is kicking arse up north, on one particular model it looks like a porcupine nothing could get off lol all the test pilots are dong well, i think hes releasing that range in 3-4 wks.

Barra Fingerling
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments people,

The threadybusters are retailing at 19.95 and are a good option for port of bris Jew, and the new designs are due for release very shortly (still 19.95)

if you google threadybuster you'll find the first link to be an online store stocking them, otherwise send me a pm if interested in getting some direct.

what kevin has said above applies especially well to the port fishing, as you can send them flying towards the pilons and freefall to the bottom. have gotten jew at all depths doing this, they simply jump on when it flutters past whatever depth they are holding at.

just be careful to pay special attention while the lure sinks, as if a jew takes it and you don't notice it could have wrapped you around structure before you can do anything about it lol. this applies to any lure, ive had the jew take it and just kind of hang out without the line peeling off any faster, and realised after the lure fails to hit bottom after an excessive wait lol

cheers
    Dan

Legendary Angler
    Post Thanks / Like

lol thanks for all the help guys, I have some hollow bellies Chris and I thought they might go alright hey!
    Might have to look at these thready busters by the sounds of it haha
    Cheers again!
    Ben..

Wahoo
    Post Thanks / Like

Biggest thing about Brisbane River Jew and Threadies is finding them on the sounder first. No point dropping until you find those red arches. I've spent hours and hours fishing for nothing, then I've come across the fish on the sounder and straight away CLUNK! Tide changes are a good thing too, an hour or so either side of tide change always sees an increase in bites. Especially for Jewies!

I like 4 and 6" Gulp grubs on 1/2 Oz to 3/4oz heads, most of the areas are 40 - 60 foot deep. Vibes work well too.

Good luck,

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast